Gokyo Valley Trek
Gokyo valley trekking is one of the most spectacular and exploration Mountains trekking routes in the land of Himalaya kingdom Nepal. It is situated on the eastern part of snowcapped Everest region of Nepal. Gokyo valley is the largest glacier in the land of Himalaya kingdom which offers more than 13 snow covered peak with paramount glimpse of sunrise and sunshine. Gokyo trekking is not only prevalent for magnificent mountains glimpse but also fascinate for the breathing taking views of species flower blossom and fauna too.It is a wonderful and most scenic mountainous destination that takes you towards the lap of worlds 6th highest MTcho-oyu and melungtse peak filled with pristine glacial lakes.
The trek starts at Lukla, passes through Namche Bazaar, Dole, and Machhaermo before finally reaching Gokyo and its final destination Gokyo Peak. From Gokyo Peak, the Ngozumpa glacier is visible which the largest glacier in Nepal is. The high point of the trek is at 5316 meters. The trek also passes through GokyoRi, one of the most famous and highest settlements in the world. From there, one has views of Gokyo Lake as well as magnificent views of various peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchanjanga, Cho Oyu and Mount Everest. Two options exist at this point—trekkers can turn around at the GokyoRi and retrace their steps over the same route back, or trek up Gokyo valley which begins south of Ngozumpa Glacier and Taujun Lake where the route continues over Cho La Cho La Pass (5420 m) where the route intersects with the main Everest base camp trekking route.
The Gokyo Valley Trek offers wonderful accommodations in every camp, and nutritious hygienic food.The Gokyo Valley Trek allows you to visit some of the highest mountains in the Himalayas while trekking through varied and diverse landscapes. This is a journey that will stay with you for years to come.
Trip Itinerary of Gokyo Valley trekking
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu for trekking preparation / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m), start trek to Phakding (2610m) and stay at teahouse
Day 04: Trek Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazar (3440m) and stay at teahouse
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m) Day hike to Khumjung village and stay at teahouse
Day 06: Trek Namche Bazaar (3440m) to Dole (4040m) and stay at teahouse
Day 07: Trek Dole (4040m) to Machermo (4480m) and stay at teahouse
Day 08: Trek Machermo (4480m) to Gokyo (4750m) and stay at teahouse
Day 09: Exploration day trip to Gokyo RI (5483) and back to Gokyo stay at teahouse
Day 10: Trek Gokyo (4750m) to Forste Thanga (5140m) and stay at teahouse
Day 11: Trek Forste Thanga (3400m) to Manju (2800m) and stay at teahouse
Day 12: Trek Manju (2800m) to Lukla (2804m) and stay at teahouse
Day 13: Early in the morning, transfer to airport and fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu stay in hotel
Day 14: Free day in Kathmandu or Final Departure on your next destination
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB Basis
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu by domestic fly
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Group Size||Availability||Book This Trip|
|Every Month||Every day||Private/Group join||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!