Starting PriceUS$ 2750
Duration of Trips11 Days
Location: Everest Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Max. Altitude:5545 M
Trip Grade:Strenuous Trek
Share this trip
EBC trek and Fly Back by Heli
This Everest Base Camp Trek (EBC) is specially designed for those who have very limited time to explore around Everest region and taking Helicopter flight to enjoying the sight of highest mountains from the Kalapather and you will fly back to Lukla without the hassle of trekking back again same away. We start our journey by taking a flight to Lukla which takes around 30 minutes in the air. Moving on we will be entering the gateway to Everest Base Camp. Upon arrival at Lukla, trek begins to Phakding and eventually tracing the route the following day to Namche Bazaar – a hub for trekkers and climbers. After one more day acclimatizing at Namche, the trek moves towards Tyangboche, Dengboche, Lobuche and towards the ultimate destination – Everest Base Camp.
This trip spotted endangered animals and birds in the Sagarmatha National park. Panoramic views of mountain peaks including Mt Everest, Mt Nuptse, and Mt Lhotse etc. Sunrise views over the silver mountains from the top of kala pattthar and Everest base camp, Ancient Buddhist monasteries, traditional agricultural farms, stone paved paths with prayer flags are the major attraction of the trek. We travel to Lukla from Kathmandu by flightn and trek to Phakding and stay in lodge. Next destination is Namche Bazaar and from there the route is to Tyanghoche-Dingboche and Early morning sunrise tour to Kalapatthar and fly back to lukla by Helicopter and to Kathmandu via flight.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ transfer to Fairfield by Marriott Kathmandu
Day 02Kathmandu – Lukla Flight and trek to Phakding 2,860 M approx. 4 hours./ Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 03Phakding - Namche Bazaar 3.440 M. approx. 5 hours. / Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 04NAMCHE BAZAAR – acclimatization
Day 05Namche Bazaar- Tyangboche 3,867 M. approx. 5 hours and a half. / Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 06Tyangboche - Dingboche 4,410 m. approx. 6 hours. / Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 07Dingboche - Lobuche 4,930 m. approx. 5 hours. / Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 08Lobuche–Gorapship 5.160 M. approx. 4 hours / Overnight stay in lodge.
Day 09Early morning sunrise tour to Kalapatthar 5,545M and Fly back to Lukla by helicopter
Day 10After B/F fly back to Kathmandu
Day 11Free day in Ktm or Departure on your next destination
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Entry permits to National Park National Park and TIMS fee
- Hotel in Kathmandu On BB as per itinerary
- English spoken trekking guide as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary.
- Supporting staffs (trekking porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
- Kalaphater to Lukla by heli and Lukla to Kathmandu by dally fly
- Lunch and dinner during the Kathmandu stay
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot
- water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad
- weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trip
Note: The price of the trip varies depending on the services selected by our clients and the size of the group. We recognize that every traveler has their unique needs and preferences, and we strive to create a personalized experience tailored to those specifications. Prepare yourself for an exceptional journey customized to your interests and desires, whether you're seeking an affordable adventure or a luxurious getaway. Leave the intricate planning to us as we meticulously handle all the details, ensuring that your dream trip becomes a reality. Relax, unwind, and focus on creating unforgettable memories that will stay with you forever.
What is the EBC trek?
- The EBC (Everest Base Camp) trek is one of the most popular and iconic treks in Nepal. It takes you to the base camp of Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world. The trek offers stunning mountain vistas, unique Sherpa culture, and a sense of achievement in reaching the base camp.
What is the option to fly back by helicopter after the EBC trek?
- The option to fly back by helicopter after completing the EBC trek is a convenient and time-saving alternative to trekking back the same way. Instead of retracing your steps, you can take a scenic helicopter ride from Lukla (the airstrip near Everest) back to Kathmandu. It provides an aerial perspective of the majestic Himalayas and allows you to reach Kathmandu quickly.
How does the fly back by helicopter option work?
- After reaching Everest Base Camp and completing the trek, you will descend to Lukla. From Lukla, you can arrange a helicopter flight back to Kathmandu. The helicopter ride typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on weather conditions. It's important to note that the helicopter ride is subject to availability and weather permitting.
What are the advantages of flying back by helicopter?
- Flying back by helicopter after the EBC trek offers several advantages, including:
Time-saving: It allows you to return to Kathmandu quickly, saving several days of trekking back.
Scenic views: The helicopter ride offers panoramic views of the Himalayas, providing a different perspective of the region.
Comfort and convenience: Helicopter travel is more comfortable and less physically demanding compared to trekking for an extended period.
Avoiding fatigue: Trekking back the same way can be physically tiring, and flying back by helicopter helps you avoid exhaustion.
Is flying back by helicopter expensive?
- Yes, flying back by helicopter after the EBC trek is more expensive than trekking back. The cost of the helicopter ride varies depending on factors such as availability, group size, and weather conditions. It's advisable to consult with trekking agencies to get accurate pricing and make necessary arrangements.
Do I miss out on anything by choosing to fly back by helicopter?
- While flying back by helicopter allows you to save time and avoid the physical exertion of trekking back, it means missing out on experiencing the trekking route in reverse and the chance to explore different areas. The trek back offers opportunities to visit other places, interact with locals, and enjoy the natural beauty from a different perspective. If time allows and you have the physical ability, trekking back can provide a more comprehensive experience.
Is flying back by helicopter safe?
- Helicopter flights in Nepal are operated by experienced pilots and undergo strict safety regulations. However, weather conditions in the Himalayas can be unpredictable, and flights may be delayed or canceled for safety reasons. It's important to choose reputable helicopter operators, follow the advice of local authorities, and prioritize safety over expediency.
It's recommended to consult with experienced trekking agencies for detailed information, pricing, and safety guidelines when considering the option to fly back by helicopter after completing the EBC trek.
The best and mesmerizing treks in Nepal
The Upper Mustang Trekking (4000m) is an extraordinary experience that ...
The Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek is renowned as one of Nepal's most ...
Gokyo Cho-la Pass trekking is also known as Everest Circuit trek. The ...
The Tsum Valley and Manaslu trek follows an ancient trekking route not ...
Dolpo Circuit Trek combines the chance to travel through a spectacular ...