Starting PriceUS$ 1375
Duration of Trips15 Days
Location: Everest Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Trip Grade:Strenuous Trek
Share this trip
Everest Base Camp Trek
The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal, and perhaps represents the quintessential Himalayan trekking experience. Welcoming thousands of trekkers each year hoping to catch a glimpse of one of the world's most famous mountains, the Everest Base Camp trek is known for its spectacular mountain views, culminating at Everest Base Camp (5360 meters) and locations where you can gaze at the tallest mountain in the world. Along with this, you have the opportunity to experience the Sherpa culture, the unique indigenous people who make this region of Nepal their home. Opportunities to sightsee in Sagarmatha National Park, a world heritage site, and a refuge for musk deer, snow leopard, Himalayan tahr, black bear and many spectacular types of iridescent pheasant, walk through suspension bridges spanning chasms of thin air, also are available where one can see a variety of Himalayan flora and visit the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world.
- Kala Patthar, the best viewpoint of Mt. Everest, Khumbu Glacier, and Khumbu Icefall.
- The remarkable vistas of biggest glacier in Nepal: Khumbu glacier.
The 15-day Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for trekkers who are in good health, who are physically fit, and who are looking for a challenge. It is possible to do this trek anytime of the year, but the best times are from the beginning of March to mid-May and from the beginning of September to mid-November. April and early May are also an ideal time to see the rhododendrons in bloom, adding spectacular color to the landscape.
- Trek to the base camp of Mt. Everest & Kalapatthar
- Explore the Sherpa culture by visiting monasteries and villages
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Mesmeric view of Khumbu Glacier
- Wonderful rhododendron and pine forest
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
On your first day in Nepal, you will be welcomed and picked up directly from the airport by our staff and transported to your hotel where you will receive refreshments.
Day 02Full day of sightseeing visiting Kathmandu’s most famous sites
Nepal is rich in culture and art and has many distinctive monuments. On this day, a guided tour of the Kathmandu valley will give you an glimpse into Nepali culture including visits to famed historic and religious sites such as Swayambhunath Temple (Buddhist), Pashupatinath Temple (Hindu), Bouddhanath, and Kathmandu’s famed Durbar Square.
Day 03Fly to Lukla (2800 m) / trek to Phakding and stay in teahouse
Today we fly to Lukla, the main starting point for trekking to Everest Base Camp. From Lukla, we begin trekking and reach the village of Phakding, a small village located in the Khumba region of Nepal and located along the Dudh Koshi River. Phakding is also a main shopping area on the way to Mount Everest.
Day 04Trek from Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazaar (3500m) and stay at teahouse
After trekking to Namche Bazaar, we stay in a teahouse lodge and enjoy this mountain region.
Day 05Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3500m) and stay at teahouse
Namche Bazaar is the gateway of the Himalayas, and is very popular among trekkers, and also has many hotels (teahouses) and good Internet access. We will spend a day here adjusting to the altitude.
Day 06Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850 m) and stay at teahouse
Today we trek to Tengboche, a location famous for its spectacular views and unique building structures. It is also the site of an important Buddhist monastery and is also known as the home of the Sherpas.
Day 07Trek Tengboche to Dingboche (4350m) and stay at teahouse
From Tengboche, we journey to Dingboche which is also very popular among trekkers. Dingboche is noted for its manystone walls and with homes being built from stones of different sizes from the entire valley.
Day 08Exploration day trip to Chhukung valley and stay at teahouse
Chhukung valley is located in the Khumbu region and is south of Mount Everest, and again caters to trekkers and climbers. Nearby are outstanding views of Makalu, the Lhostse Face, and other high mountains.
Day 09Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4950 m) and stay at teahouse
Today, we trek to Lobuche which is located below Lobuche Peak and just a few kilometers away from Mount Everest.
Day 10Trek from Lobuche to Ghorak Shep (5140 m) / visit Everest Base Camp and stay at teahouse
Ghorak Shep is a small village surrounded by sand. This is the last stop and opportunity for acclimatization prior to reaching Everest Base Camp. We will then visit Everest Base Camp enjoying the invigorating mountain atmosphere.
Day 11Visit Kalapatthar (5545 m) / Mt. Everest view / trek to Pangboche (3985 m) and stay at tea house
We will travel to Kalaphattar, a prime location to view Mount Everest. Afterwards, we will continue on to Pangboche which is located in the Solukhumbu District and in the Imja Khole valley. This village whose inhabitants are primarily Sherpas also contains a monastery.
Day 12Trek from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar (3500 m) and stay at teahouse
Having visited Mount Everest Base Camp and viewed Mount Everest, we will return from Pangboche to Namche Bazar, reliving the excitement of visiting Everest base Camp.
Day 13Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla and stay at teahouse
After breakfast, we will trek back to Lukla. By now, one should be familiar with the Nepali mountain culture.
Day 14Depart early in the morning flying back from Lukla to Kathmandu / stay in hotel
This is departure day for us. Early in the morning, we will arrive at the airport and fly back to Kathamandu. After being transported to our hotel, refreshments will be provided.
Day 15Free day in Kathmandu / final program before departure
This free day allows you to enjoy Kathmandu on your own. We will have a special final program together before your final departure.
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- One day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- Sagarmatha National Park permit, and trekking TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB Basis
- Ktm - Lukla - Ktm by domestic fly and all overland transport private bus/car/van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: The price of the trip varies depending on the services selected by our clients and the size of the group. We recognize that every traveler has their unique needs and preferences, and we strive to create a personalized experience tailored to those specifications. Prepare yourself for an exceptional journey customized to your interests and desires, whether you're seeking an affordable adventure or a luxurious getaway. Leave the intricate planning to us as we meticulously handle all the details, ensuring that your dream trip becomes a reality. Relax, unwind, and focus on creating unforgettable memories that will stay with you forever.
What is the Everest Base Camp Trek?
- The Everest Base Camp Trek is a popular trekking adventure in Nepal that takes you to the base camp of Mount Everest, the highest peak in the world. It is a challenging yet rewarding journey that offers stunning mountain vistas, unique cultural experiences, and a sense of achievement.
How long does the Everest Base Camp Trek take?
- The duration of the Everest Base Camp Trek typically ranges from 12 to 16 days, depending on the itinerary and the trekking pace. This includes both the ascent to Everest Base Camp and the descent back to Lukla, the starting point of the trek.
When is the best time to do the Everest Base Camp Trek?
- The best time to undertake the Everest Base Camp Trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer stable weather, clear skies, and moderate temperatures, making trekking conditions more favorable. However, it's important to note that weather can be unpredictable in the mountains, so it's always advisable to check the local weather forecast before planning your trek.
Is previous trekking experience required for the Everest Base Camp Trek?
- Previous trekking experience is not required for the Everest Base Camp Trek, but it is recommended. The trek is challenging and involves long days of walking, steep ascents and descents, and trekking at high altitudes. Good physical fitness, endurance, and the ability to acclimatize to high altitudes are important. Prior experience in trekking or hiking at high altitudes can help you better prepare for this adventure.
Do I need a permit for the Everest Base Camp Trek?
- Yes, several permits are required for the Everest Base Camp Trek. These include the Sagarmatha National Park permit and the TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card. These permits can be obtained through a registered trekking agency or in Kathmandu before starting the trek. Your trekking agency will assist you in obtaining the necessary permits.
Fitness required for the trek?
- Everest Base Camp is a physically demanding trek that reaches an altitude of 5400 meters and involves trekking for 4 to 7 hours per day. Therefore, a high level of fitness is necessary. However, it is possible to walk at a steady pace and take regular breaks throughout the day, so the physical exertion is not continuous. Even if you are not in the best shape, you can still make it to the base camp with determination and proper preparation.
What is the temperature in EBC trek?
- The temperature at the Everest Base Camp can range from 25 degrees Celsius during the day to as low as -20 to -30 degrees Celsius at night. As you ascend from Lukla, you will experience a drop in temperature, especially in the higher regions like Kumbhu. The weather can also be quite unpredictable, with sudden shifts from bright sunshine to snowfall or blizzards. However, it is usually possible to continue the trek once the weather becomes more favorable. It is important to be prepared for these temperature fluctuations and bring appropriate clothing and gear.
What are the highlights of the Everest Base Camp Trek?
- The Everest Base Camp Trek offers several highlights, including:
- Breathtaking views of the world's highest peaks, including Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and Ama Dablam.
- Immersion in Sherpa culture and the opportunity to visit monasteries and traditional villages.
- Passing through picturesque valleys, rivers, and alpine forests.
- Reaching Everest Base Camp, standing at the foot of the mighty Everest.
- Reaching the viewpoint of Kala Patthar for a panoramic view of the Everest region.
- Experiencing the unique hospitality of the tea houses along the trekking route.
These are just a few highlights of this incredible adventure, and each trekker's experience may vary. It's essential to be well-prepared, hire an experienced guide, and follow proper acclimatization practices for a safe and enjoyable trek.
The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal, ...
Nar Phu Valley trek commences from the village of Chame Koto, tracing ...
Round Annapurna Trekking is held in the region on the Annapurna which ...
The Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek in Nepal offers a remarkable blend of stunning ...