Starting PriceUS$ 650
Duration of Trips6 Days
Type of Trip:
Share this trip
Kathmandu & Lumbini Tour
Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal, is a vibrant and historic city that offers a unique blend of culture and tradition. A tour of Kathmandu will take visitors through ancient temples and palaces, including the famous Pashupatinath Temple and Swayambhunath Stupa (also known as the Monkey Temple). Visitors can also explore the Durbar Square, which is home to the former royal palace and several temples and monuments. The city's bustling streets and markets are also a great place to experience the local culture and shop for traditional handicrafts.
A visit to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, is a must-see for any spiritual traveler. Lumbini is an ancient town in western Nepal that is home to well-preserved ruins of an old city, and is considered a holy site for Buddhists worldwide.
- Maya Devi Temple - This temple is believed to be the birthplace of the Buddha and is a popular pilgrimage site for Buddhists.
- Ashoka Pillar - This pillar was erected by Emperor Ashoka in 249 BCE to mark the birthplace of the Buddha.
- Monasteries and temples - Lumbini is home to many monasteries and temples from countries such as China, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, and Sri Lanka, each showcasing the unique architectural style of their respective countries.
- Lumbini Museum - This museum showcases the history and culture of Lumbini and the life of the Buddha.
- World Peace Pagoda - This large white pagoda is located on a hill overlooking the Lumbini village and is a symbol of peace and non-violence.
- Sacred Garden - This garden is a peaceful, serene space where you can meditate and reflect on the teachings of the Buddha.
Visitors to Lumbini can also explore the surrounding area such as Tilaurakot, Kudan, Ramagrama, and Niglihawa. which is dotted with rural villages and offers a glimpse into the traditional way of life in Nepal. A Lumbini tour is a spiritual and cultural experience that is not to be missed by those interested in Buddhism and the life of the Buddha.
Day 01Arrival Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02Kathmandu City Tour
Morning sight seen Pashupatinath temple, Durbar Square in Patan City, visit Krishna Temple, after lunch visit Durbar Square in Kathmandu, living Goddess Kumari, Swyambhu nath and Boudhanath.
Day 03Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Lumbini Pick up from airport and checked in hotel. After rest or after lunch, visit to lumbini sacred garden.
Inside the sacred garden, we can see exact birth place of Buddha the nativity of Maya Devi, the Ashoks Pillar and the sacred ponds. Beside those sites, we can see enceinte and historical stupas, monuments and remains. Library and museum is also available there. If one once inters the garden he forgets the material world and feel itself peace and holiness. At last we can see sunset from Peace stoopa. Back to hotel
Day 04Full Day Lumbini Sightseeing Tour with Kapilvastu in Nepal
After breakfast, around nine to ten o' clock walk or Drive to kapilvastu. This site is 28 km North West far from Lumbini; this is the royal palace of shuddhodan, father of Lord Buddha. There is many other encient gumbas but they are only in ruins and remains. The famous sites in kapilvastu: Tilaurakot Kudan Niglihawa There is much other side, Gotihawa, sagarhawa, sisnihawa etc. But normally people visit the three sites. Normally it takes 4 to six hours. After s/s back to hotel
Day 05Have breakfast and move to airport or drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 06Departure day
- The minimum daily tariff includes monastery and entrance fee
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Accommodation in B/B plan
- All transportation by private vehicle
- Airfares, expenses of personal nature like lunch, dinner, drinks and tip
- personal travel health insurance
Pilgrimage Tour in Nepal
Nepal Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour is a journey to some of the most sacred ...
The trek to Gosainkunda is a popular trek in Nepal as well as a famed ...
Muktinath, a major pilgrimage center located in the Mustang district ...