Dolpo Circuit Trekking
Dolpo - "One of the remote highlands of Nepal"
The Dolpo Circuit Trek combines the chance to travel through a spectacular natural environment with the opportunity to experience traditional Tibetan culture. The Dolpo region is located in the so-called rain shadow region of Nepal, and was only opened for trekking in1991. The highlights of this trek include magnificent snowy peaks, remote and ancient villages, outstanding beautiful lakes and spectacular Buddhist monasteries. In this remote plateau region, one hike through a variety of colorful landscapes, including green meadows and sterile rocky areas, and visits Phoksundo Lake, a lake noted for its beauty emerald and blue colors surrounded by a steep rocky environment.
The Dolpo Circuit Trek begins in Junpal, the continues to Dunai, before eventually reaching Tarakot and Bang la camp, the highest point of the Dolpo circuit. Along the way one passes through numerous small local villages, while travelling around the Arun River. From here, the trek continues to Phoksundo Lake which is the part of the Shey Phoksundo National Park. The Dolpo region is bordered by Churen Himal and Dhaulagiri from the east and south and Jumla district from the west. The traditions and culture of this region are Tibetan in origin. The people are simple and warm hearted. Buddhism Bonpo is practiced in this region, and religious beliefs are a significant part of everyday life. The Bonpo belief system is an old spiritual tradition of Tibet noted for having more animistic and shamanistic attributes. Dolpo is an off-the-beaten-track destination due to its remote location.The trek itself is challenging with a number of long steep ascents and descents. Numa La and Baga La are the main passes crossed on this trek. But despite the challenges of this trek, the experience of being in the Dolpo region including the breathtaking scenery and cultural interactions will make this an adventure you will cherish for a lifetime.
Trip Itinerary of Dolpo Circuit Trekking
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (150m)/ flight
Day 03: Nepalgunj to Juphal (2475m)/ flight and Juphal to Dunai/ 3 hrs trek.
Day 04: Dunai to Chhepka (2687m)/ 6 hrs
Day 05: Chhepka to Chunuwar (3110m)/ 6 hrs
Day 06: Chunuwar to Phoksundo Lake (3600m)/ 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Phoksundo – Rest day
Day 08: Phoksundo- Sallaghari/ 5-6hrs trek
Day 09: Sallaghari to Nangdala HC (4717 m)/ 5-6 hrs trek
Day 10: Nangdala HC to Shey Gompa/ ( 4280m) Crossing Nangdala pass (5240m)/ 5-6hrs
Day 11: Shey Gompa to Namgung Gompa / 6-7 hrs crossing Shey La Pass (5100m)
Day 12: Namgong Gompa to Saldang/ 4-5 hrs camping.
Day 13: Saldang to Day hike to Yangjer Gumba/ 4599m
Day 14: Saldang to Khoma village
Day 15: Khoma village to Shimen
Day 16: Shimen to Tinje
Day 17: Tinje to Yak Kharka
Day 18: Yak Kharka (4780m) to Chharka / 5 hrs walk crossing Mola Pass (5030m)
Day 19: Chharka to Norbulung/ Nulungsumda
Day 20: Nulungsumda/ Norbulung to Ghalden Ghuldum (4247m) Crossing Niwala (5120m) and Jungbenla (5550m) passes.
Day 21: Ghalden Ghuldum/ (4247m) to Sangta/ (3777m)
Day 22: Santa to Phalyak/ (3175m)
Day 23: Phalyak to Jomsom/ (2720m)
Day 24: Jomsom to Pokhara/ flight and Pokhara to Kathmandu/ flight.
Day 25: Free day in pokhara or drive back to kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu and 2-nights in Nepalgunj (BB Basis)
- Domestic fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj to Jhupal and Jomsom to Pokhara
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea-house/Lodge
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,Tea/coffee,alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Type of trip||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||Private||USD $ 2600||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!