Tsum Valley & Manaslu Trek
The Tsum Valley and Manaslu trek follows an ancient trekking route not frequently followed by explorers. Located in the Gorkha district of Nepal, this magnificent mountain route travels through a colorful landscape with interesting tradition and culture. The word ‘Tsum’ is derived from the Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’, which means brilliant. The trek crosses various passes over 5000 meters high in this area of northern Nepal that borders Tibet.
This relatively newly developed trail, which requires a special permit to access, passes through gorgeous villages where traditional culture and values are still practiced in areas of Nepal less frequently accessed by visitors. Two remote villages were recently opened to visitors in the Gorkha district. The altitude on this trek varies from 1905-5093 meters. The trek crosses the beautiful Ngula Dhojhyang pass on the border of Tibet. The hidden Tsum valley is surrounded by high Himalayan peaks including Boudha Himal, Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Himal Chuli. Two remote villagers are located in Tsum Valley— Chumchet (lower Tsum) and Chhekampur (Upper Tsum). These villages practice ancient traditions and have their own linguistics.
Trip Itinerary of Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trek
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Soti khola (710M) 6-7hr drive via Aarughat / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 02: Trek Sotikhola to Machhi khola (870M) ~ 5hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 03: Trek Machhakhola to Jagat (1410m) ~ 4hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 04: Trek Jagat to Lokpa (2240m) ~ 6hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 05: Trek Lokpa to Chumling (2385m) ~ 8hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 06: Trek Chumling to Chhokang Paro (3031m ) ~ 6hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 07: Chhokang Paro to Nile (3360m), 3-4hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 08: Trek Nile to Mu Gompa (3700 m) ~ 6-7hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 09: Trek Mu Gompa – Rachen Gompa (3240m) ~ 3 to 4hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 10: Trek Rachen Gompa to Chumling (2386m) ~ 7 to 8hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 11: Trek Chumling to Pewa (2000m) (left Tsum valley & start Manaslu trek ~ 5 to 6hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 12: Trek Pewa to Ghap (2500m) ~ 5 to 6hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 13: Trek Ghap toLho (3180 m) ~ 5 to 6hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 14: Trek Lho to Sama (Ryo)(3520m) ~ 3 to 4hr walk . / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 15: Rest day in Sama (Ryo)(3520m) ~ Explore Birendra Lake / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 16: Trek Sama (Ryo) to Samdo (3850m) ~ 3hr walk . trek (stop to acclimatise) / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 17: Trek Samdo to Dharamsala (4460m) ~ 3hr walk trek (stop to acclimate) scout Larkya La / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 18: Trek Dharamsala to Larkya La (5160m) to Bimthang ( 3720m) ~ 7 to 8hr walk . / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 19: Trek Bimthang to Dharapani (1860m) ~ 7 to 8hr walk / Overnight at Tea-House
Day 20: Drive by local Jeep to Besisahar ~ 3 to 4hr and drive back to Kathmandu by Bus / Overnight at Hotel
Day 21: Final departure from Kathmandu
- Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Entry permits to National Park National Park and TIMS fee
- Hotel in Kathmandu On BB as per itinerary
- English spoken trekking guide as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary.
- Supporting staffs (trekking porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation in tea house lodge along the trail.
- Overland transport by BUS/JEEP/CAR/VAN
- International flight ticket and airport tax
- Lunch and dinner during the Kathmandu stay
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot
- water/shower, tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
- Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
- Personal trekking gear for the trip
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||On request||USD $ 1,475||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!