koshi tappu wildlife reserve
Koshi Tappu wildlife Reserve spreads over Saptari sunsari districts in east Nepal, defined by the eastern and western embankments of the Koshi River. The vegetation of the reserve is mainly grassland with patches of scrub and deciduous revering forests. What makes the koshi tappu special is that many birds seen here are not found in other parts of Nepal.
The reserve has recorded around 439 species of bird variety, some of which fly all the way from Siberia during winter. A wide variety of ducks, herons, storks, egrets, and ibis are seen on the riverbanks. Koshi tappu Reserve also has one of the few elephant stables of Asia. Other animals found here are wild buffalo, wild boar, hog deer, spotted deer, blue ball and jackal. Gharial crocodile and Gangetic dolphin are the other attractions in the reserve. The best time to visit koshi Tappu is between October and march.
Itinerary of Koshi Tappu wildlife Reserve
Day 01 : Fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar. After arrival you will be presented brief introduction of the facility and program. This day's attractions include bird walk in the marshland outside the reserve to see the strokes, ibises, snipes, waterfowl, birds of prey etc. In the evening you can enjoy cultural program performed by local people. You stay overnight at lodge.
Day 02 : After breakfast you set out for full day excursion on boat and four wheels drive with packed lunch to see waders, waterfowl, birds of prey, marsh crocodile, otters, wild water buffalo and Gangetic Dolphins including a visit to Pink Tower.
Extra Day if you have time : Preceding a delicious breakfast you go for bird walk inside the reserve in the scrub forest, grasslands and wetland habitat with pack lunch to see swamp partridge, black necked stork, buntings, bulbuls etc. In the afternoon you can either continue bird watching or enjoy optional elephant ride to watch Arna the wild water buffalo, blue bull, hog deer, fishing etc.
Day 03 : Early morning you can either enjoy bird watching around the camp area or have leisure. After breakfast you depart for Kathmandu.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- Jeep safari / All jungle activities
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Guide insurance and salary
- Domesttic fly from Kathmandu - Biratnagar
- Transportation by Jeep.
- Government Tax
- Accomudation, Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss and personal effects.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Tips & Gratuities.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||03, 10, 19, 27||USD $ 850||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!