Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park (932 sq Km), the first park in Nepal, was established in 1973 and lies in the central lowlands. Parsa (499 sq Km) is adjacent to Chitwan and was designated in 1984. Together they comprise sal and revering forests and grasslands and extend into the Siwalik Hills, which are forested with chir pine and Sal.
Chitwan is famous for its large mammals, which include tiger, leopard, Indian rhinoceros, and gaur. Bird species recorded at chitwan total 489, a larger number than in any of Nepal’s other protected areas. The park is home to more than 50 species of mammals, 525 species of birds and 55 species of reptiles and amphibians. The park consists of a diversity of eco-systems including the Churia hills and the stretched flood plains of the Rapti and Narayani River.The park also supports a larger number of nationally threatened birds than the others.
Itinerary of Chitwan National park
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). You will be met by our representative and transfer to hotel
Day 02: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Darbar squire, swayambunath( Monkey temple) , Pashupatinath and Boudha nata stupa.
Day 03: Transfer to Chitawan National park by Tourist bus, Tharu village tour in the late afternoon.
Day 04: Jungle tour in the morning, canoeing and elephant safari and elephant breeding centre afternoon and tharu culturalProgram in the evening.
Jungle walking:well trained naturalist takes you to prime spots to view deer, rhino, sloth bears and other wildlife. Detailed knowledge of the wildlife and jungle will enhance your trip
Canoe Rides:A traditional dugout takes you on a silent trip down the Rapti River to view birds, crocodile and the animals of the river.(From October through to mid March)
Elephant Safari:Travel through open grassland and dense forest on elephant back in search of rare games. Be on the lookout for the great one homed rhino, four species of deer, wild boar, sloth bear, leopard, bison and the big one, the Royal Bengal tiger.
Tharu cultural Dance:A melodious tribal dance performed by Tharu men to the rhythms of drums and with clashing of stick embodies and projects how to drive away Rhino and other wild animals from human habitat. Once the driving away of animals is achieved, the dance turns into joyful. After dinner at the hotel /lodge/tented camp you can watch Tharu stick dance. We will arrange dance for your enjoyment.
Bird Watching: An early morning walk through the bush and along the Rapti River is a must to view many of the more than 450 species of exotic. Birds including Giant, Hombill,Lesser florican and Paradise Flycastcher. Again you will be accompanied by our experienced naturalist.
Day 05: After Bird watching tour in the morning and Drive Back chitwan to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- 2 night accommodation in Kathmandu
- Full day guided city tour in Kathmandu world heritage side.
- Jeep safari / All jungle activities
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Guide insurance and salary
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by tourist bus.
- Government Tax
- Domestic and International Flight
- Sightseeing tour entrance fee in Kathmandu
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss and personal effects.
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Tips & Gratuities.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||Everyday||250||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Chitwan National Park – October to May, Bird Watching – December to March. Maximum temperature can reach up to 95 Fahrenheit (35 C) in April through September. November through February are cooler months with average temperature around 67 Fahrenheit.