Starting PriceUS$ 1250
Duration of Trips07 Days
Location: Far West Nepal
Type of Trip:
Max. Altitude:3,300 m (10,800 ft).
Share this trip
Khaptad National Park
Khaptad National Park is a beautiful and unique protected area located in far western Nepal, south of the main Himalayan mountain range. Covering an area of 225 square kilometers, the park is home to a diverse array of plant and animal life, including oak and rhododendron forests, coniferous forests, grasslands, and over 270 species of birds. The park is particularly renowned for its abundance of medicinal herbs, with a total of 224 species found within its boundaries.
In addition to its rich biodiversity, Khaptad National Park offers visitors the opportunity to experience the natural beauty of the region, with beautiful meadows covered in a mass of flowers in the spring and summer months. The park is also home to a variety of animal species, including barking deer, wild boar, ghoral, Himalayan black bear, yellow-throated marten, rhesus monkey, and langur monkey.
In addition to its natural attractions, Khaptad National Park also offers opportunities for pilgrimage at Tribeni, where there are several historical temples and an annual celebration of Ganga Dashhara held on Jestha Purnima. Overall, Khaptad National Park is a must-visit destination for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a unique and immersive cultural experience in Nepal.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal, transfer to hotel / Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02Kathmandu to Dhangadhi and Dhangadhi to Silgadhi
Morning take a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Dhangadhi, the nearest airport to Khaptad National Park. After Lunch, embark on a scenic drive from Dhangadhi to Silgadhi, a town near Khaptad National Park. The drive takes approximately 6-7 hours and offers beautiful views of the western Nepal landscape. Arrive in Silgadhi and check into a hotel or guesthouse for the night.
Day 03Silgadhi to Khaptad National Park
Enjoy an early morning breakfast and begin the journey to Khaptad National Park. Start with a drive from Silgadhi to Jhigrana, which takes about 2-3 hours. From Jhigrana, begin a moderate trek through the picturesque trails of Khaptad National Park, which takes approximately 4-5 hours. Arrive at Khaptad Baba Ashram, a religious and cultural site within the park, and spend the night in camping accommodations.
Day 04Explore Khaptad National Park
This day is dedicated to exploring the natural and cultural wonders of Khaptad National Park. Visit Khaptad Baba Ashram and learn about the spiritual and religious significance of the area. Explore the serene Khaptad Daha (lake) and enjoy the tranquil surroundings. Engage in nature walks, bird-watching, and wildlife spotting opportunities. Overnight camping accommodations in the park.
Day 05Khaptad National Park to Silgadhi
After breakfast, begin the trek back from Khaptad National Park to Jhigrana. From Jhigrana, drive back to Silgadhi. Arrive in Silgadhi and check into a hotel or guesthouse for the night.
Day 06Silgadhi to Dhangadhi to Kathmandu
After breakfast, depart from Silgadhi and drive back to Dhangadhi. Catch a domestic flight from Dhangadhi to Kathmandu. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel. Spend the evening in Kathmandu, exploring the city or relaxing.
Day 07Departure from Kathmandu
Depending on your departure time, you may have some free time in the morning to do any last-minute shopping or sightseeing in Kathmandu. Transfer to the airport for your onward journey or flight back home.
- Airport pickup and drop.
- 3 night 4 days jungle safari tour on full board basis and overnight accomudation at resort / Hotel.
- All jungle activities
- National park and conservation area permit & fees.
- All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced safari guide during the trip.
- Guide insurance and salary
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu/Pokhara by tourist bus.
- Government Tax
- Travel insurance
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry.
- Trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss and personal effects.
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue) - you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Tips & Gratuities.
Note: Please note that this is a general itinerary and can be customized according to your preferences, available time, and specific requirements.
Where is Khaptad National Park located?
- Khaptad National Park is located in the far-western region of Nepal, primarily in the districts of Bajhang, Bajura, Doti, and Achham. It covers an area of approximately 225 square kilometers.
What is the significance of Khaptad National Park?
- Khaptad National Park is of great ecological, cultural, and religious significance. It is named after Khaptad Baba, a renowned Hindu sage who meditated in the region. The park's diverse flora and fauna, including several endangered species, contribute to its ecological importance. It is also a peaceful and serene location for spiritual and religious activities.
What are the main attractions of Khaptad National Park?
- Khaptad National Park offers a range of attractions for visitors. The park is known for its pristine forests, meadows, and alpine landscapes. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including musk deer, Himalayan black bear, leopards, and various bird species. The park also features religious sites, such as the Khaptad Baba Ashram and the Khaptad Daha (a serene lake), which hold cultural and religious significance.
What activities can I do in Khaptad National Park?
- Visitors to Khaptad National Park can engage in various activities. Trekking and hiking are popular, allowing you to explore the park's scenic trails and enjoy breathtaking views of the Himalayan range. You can visit the religious sites, participate in meditation or yoga sessions, and experience the tranquility of the surroundings. Bird-watching, wildlife spotting, and nature photography are also rewarding activities in the park.
How can I reach Khaptad National Park?
- Khaptad National Park is accessible via both road and air transport. The nearest airport is Dhangadhi Airport, which is well-connected to Kathmandu and other major cities. From there, you can hire a vehicle or take a local bus to reach the park. The road journey may involve some rough terrain, so it's advisable to plan accordingly and seek local information.
What is the best time to visit Khaptad National Park?
- The best time to visit Khaptad National Park is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer pleasant weather and clear views of the surrounding mountains. However, the park is open throughout the year, and each season has its own unique charm. It's important to check weather conditions and plan accordingly, especially if you are considering trekking.
Are accommodations available in Khaptad National Park?
- Yes, accommodations are available in Khaptad National Park. The park offers basic guesthouses and camping facilities for visitors. However, it's advisable to carry necessary provisions and camping gear if you plan to stay overnight, as the facilities may be limited. It's recommended to check availability and make arrangements in advance, especially during the peak tourist season.
Nepal Wildlife Excursion
Shukla Phanta Wildlife Reserve (1,386 m), situated in the southwestern ...
Bardia National Park is a protected area located in the Bardia district ...
Chitwan National Park is a protected area located in the central lowlands ...