Starting PriceUS$ 350
Duration of Trips3 Days
Location: West Nepal
Type of Trip:
Share this trip
Bardia National Park
Bardia National Park is a protected area located in the Bardia district of western Nepal. Covering an area of 968 square kilometers, the park is home to a variety of plant and animal species, including the endangered royal Bengal tiger and Asian one-horned rhinoceros. The park is bordered by the Karnali River to the west and the Churia range to the north, and the Babai River flows through its center, providing an excellent habitat for wild species.
The park is situated in the Midwestern region of Nepal, extending from lowland areas containing sal and riveting forests and grasslands, to the Siwalik Hills, which are covered in chir pine and stunted sal. In addition to tigers and rhinoceros, the park is home to a variety of mammal species, including swamp deer. The park is also rich in lowland forest and is home to a variety of bird species, including western specialties such as the white-napped woodpecker.
The best time to visit Bardia National Park is during the autumn, winter, and early summer, when the weather is warm and dry. The park is easily accessible via Nepalgung in the Banke District, which is connected by air and road from Kathmandu.
Day 01Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and drive to Bardia National Park
Take a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, the nearest major city to Bardia National Park. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in Nepalgunj. Spend the day exploring Nepalgunj, visiting local markets or historical sites. After Lunch, embark on a scenic drive from Nepalgunj to Bardia National Park, which takes approximately 2-3 hours. Arrive at your lodge or resort in Bardia and check-in. Take a short rest, and in the afternoon, explore the nearby Tharu village to learn about the local culture and lifestyle. Enjoy a traditional Tharu cultural dance performance in the evening. Overnight stay in Bardia.
Day 02Jungle Safari in Bardia National Park
Start your day with an early morning jungle safari in Bardia National Park. Choose from options such as jeep safaris, elephant-back safaris, or walking safaris, accompanied by experienced guides. Explore the diverse ecosystems of the park and have opportunities to spot wildlife such as tigers, rhinoceroses, elephants, and various bird species. Enjoy a packed lunch in the wilderness. In the evening, relax at your lodge and share stories of the day's adventures. Overnight stay in Bardia.
Day 03River Safari and Nature Walk
After breakfast, embark on a river safari along the Karnali River, which borders Bardia National Park. Spot aquatic wildlife and enjoy the serene surroundings. Return to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, take a guided nature walk to discover the park's flora and fauna up close. Learn about the unique biodiversity and conservation efforts in the area. Overnight stay in Bardia.
Day 04Bardia National Park to Nepalgunj and Kathmandu
After breakfast, bid farewell to Bardia National Park and drive back to Nepalgunj. Catch a domestic flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel. Spend the evening exploring Kathmandu, visiting cultural sites, or shopping for souvenirs. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
- Meals, room with attach toilets (hot/cold shower), Wi Fi zone, activities, park permits, guide fees, 4WD transfer to and from ambassa
- VAT & service charge included
- Nepalgunj airport pick up drop (extra charge US$125 per 4WD)
- Soft drinks ,alcoholic drinks , mineral water bottle ,laundry, phone calls, any additional snacks or food must be paid according to price in the menu.
Where is Bardia National Park located?
- Bardia National Park is located in the Terai region of Nepal, in the far-western part of the country. It spans an area of approximately 968 square kilometers and is bordered by the Karnali River in the west.
What is the significance of Bardia National Park?
- Bardia National Park is renowned for its rich biodiversity and serves as a vital conservation area in Nepal. The park protects diverse ecosystems, including riverine forests, grasslands, and sal forests. It is home to several endangered species, including the Bengal tiger, one-horned rhinoceros, Asian elephant, and Gangetic dolphin.
What are the main attractions of Bardia National Park?
- The park offers a range of attractions for visitors. Wildlife enthusiasts can enjoy jungle safaris and elephant rides to spot rare wildlife species. Birdwatching is also popular, as the park is home to over 400 bird species. Bardia National Park provides opportunities for nature walks, river rafting in the Karnali River, and cultural experiences by visiting nearby Tharu villages.
What activities can I do in Bardia National Park?
- Visitors to Bardia National Park can engage in a variety of activities. Jungle safaris, both on foot and on elephant-back, are popular for wildlife spotting. Jeep safaris and river cruises are also available. Nature walks led by experienced guides allow visitors to explore the park's diverse ecosystems. Cultural experiences can be enjoyed by visiting Tharu villages and learning about their unique lifestyle and traditions.
How can I reach Bardia National Park?
- The most common way to reach Bardia National Park is by taking a domestic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, followed by a road journey to the park. Nepalgunj is the nearest major city and has an airport with regular flights. From there, it takes around a 2-3 hour drive to reach the park. Alternatively, you can also travel by road from Kathmandu, which takes approximately 12-14 hours.
What is the best time to visit Bardia National Park?
- The best time to visit Bardia National Park is during the dry seasons of autumn (October to November) and spring (February to April). During these months, the weather is pleasant, and wildlife sightings are more frequent. However, the park remains open year-round, and each season offers unique experiences. It's advisable to check weather conditions and consult with local authorities for the most suitable time to visit.
Are accommodations available in Bardia National Park?
- Yes, there are several accommodations available in and around Bardia National Park, ranging from luxury resorts to budget guesthouses. These accommodations offer a comfortable stay and are often located close to the park entrance. It is recommended to make reservations in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons, to ensure availability.
Nepal Wildlife Excursion
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a protected area located in the Saptari ...
Khaptad National Park is a beautiful and unique protected area located ...
Chitwan National Park is a protected area located in the central lowlands ...