Starting PriceUS$ 1250
Duration of Trips08 Days
Type of Trip:
Max. Altitude:Gyatchu La (5,220M)
Share this trip
Tibet Everest Base camp Tour 8 Days
Everest Base Camp Tibet Tour is a journey of lifetime to explore and experience the Tibetan awesome culture, brown rolling hills, wrecked forts, artistic ornate monasteries, centuries old caravan trails and breathtaking scenery. Tour Start your journey to Tibet with a spectacular flight over the snow capped Himalayan mountains Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586m/ 28,169ft), Mt. Everest (8848m/ 29.028ft), Mt. Makalu (8463m/ 27,766ft) and others. You visit the Potala the monumental palace of Kings and Dalai Lamas, with its numerous chapels. The view of the holy city from the roofs is unforgettable.
This tour offers many exciting memorable encounter along the way that you can't express or explain unless you are a part of it. It takes you over several 5000+ meter high mountain passes amidst most amazing mountain views including majestic Mt. Everest and many other numerous peaks. On the way drive to Lhasa you will witness picturesque landscaped Tibetan settlements where nomadic herdsmen can be seen wandering across the wide arid Tibetan Plateau.
Day 01Kathmandu (1300) -Kerung Border (145 Km) 06-07 hours drive
Early in the morning, a scenic drive to Kerung Border (Nepal-Tibet Border), after necessary border formalities at Nepalese immigration, Chinese immigration, and continued driving to Kerung. Stay overnight at a hotel
Day 02Kerung - Tingri (4300m) – Shigatse (390KM)
The day drives uphill to the highest plateau of the world with the typical view of the Tibetan landscape offering the sheer feeling of standing on the roof of the world. Continue the scenic drive, crossing Over Gyatchu La (5,220M), the highest pass en route to Lhasa via Lhatse, from where a road to Mt Kailash bifurcates to the west. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 03Shigatse – Lhasa (3650m) 260KM
Morning sightseeing to the Panchen Lama's Tashilhumpu Monastery, Drive to Lhasa O/N at Hotel Yak
Day 04 / 05Sightseeing In Lhasa
Two full days' sightseeing tour of Lhasa, including Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazaar, And Potala Palace Drepung & Sera Monasteries. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 06Lhasa – Gyantse (4300m) 260km
A full day, picturesque drive crossing over Karola (5,010m), Kambala (4,749m), Colorful Yamdrok-Tso Lake Drive to Gyantse and visit the Kumbum Stupa & Phalkor Monastery. O/N at the Hotel.
Day 07Gyantse to Xegar/Tingri (4200m) 334km
After breakfast, drive from Tingri to EBC O/N to the Guest House.
Day 08Ronbuk -Xegar to Kerong Border to Kathmandu 395km
Early morning, drive to the Border, cross border- drive back to Kathmandu by jeep.
- Transportation by van/ bus
- Kathmandu to Kerung Border to Kathmandu by jeep
- Tibet travel permit.
- English speaking Tibetan guide.
- Accommodation on a twin-sharing room basis.
- Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary.
- Daily breakfast.
- Border pick up and Drop
- Personal travel insurance and unforeseen natural problems
- Lunch and dinner during the Tibet tour.
- Personal expenses such as a drink, tips; etc.
Which route is recommended for an overland tour: Kathmandu to Kerung to Lhasa or Lhasa to Kerung to Kathmandu? Especially considering high altitude concerns.
- Either route is suitable. Both routes have their own advantages, and the high altitude concerns can be managed with proper acclimatization and precautions. Best to do Kathmandu to Kerung to Lhasa.
What is your suggestion for applying for a China visa (to visit Tibet) from the travelers' home country?
- It is better to apply for the China visa from your home country. We can provide the necessary and supportive documents to facilitate the visa application process.
Is it difficult to send the Tibet Travel Permit to China mainland cities like Beijing, Chengdu, or Kunming?
- It is not difficult. We can send the Tibet Travel Permit to any city where you will be staying overnight, including airports if you have a same-day flight to Lhasa, Tibet.
How can payment or deposit be made?
- Payment or deposit can be made through bank transfer or in cash. Please choose the option that is most convenient for you.
How difficult is it to obtain a Tibet group visa from Kathmandu?
- Obtaining a Tibet group visa from Kathmandu takes around 4 days to process the visa at the Chinese embassy, and each traveler's biometric data is required, so they need to be physically present at the embassy in Kathmandu. A minimum of 4 persons is required to apply for a Tibet group visa.
Have flights from Kathmandu to Tibet resumed?
- As of now, flights from Kathmandu to Tibet have not resumed.
Is there a direct flight from my country to Tibet?
- No, there are no international flights directly to Tibet, except from Kathmandu, Nepal. However, even the Kathmandu route is not currently operational. To travel to Tibet, you would need to fly to China mainland cities like Beijing, Chengdu, or Kunming from your country and stay overnight there to receive the Tibet travel permit. The next day, you can take a flight to Lhasa, Tibet.
Is a Tibet travel permit required to fly to Tibet?
- Yes, a Tibet travel permit is required to enter Tibet. We will provide the permit based on your itinerary and places of stay.
What is the issue of high altitude in Tibet?
- The high altitude in Tibet can pose some challenges. It is recommended to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and taking adequate rest. Oxygen cylinders are always available in the vehicles during the tour as a precautionary measure. So, there is no need to worry, but it is important to be mindful of the altitude.
Is it possible to visit China mainland cities with a Tibet group visa?
- Yes, it is possible to visit China mainland cities with a Tibet group visa.
Will the vehicle be shared or private?
- The vehicle provided will be private.
Is it possible to have a full meal plan? Will the meals be served in the hotel or outside?
- Yes, it is possible to arrange a full meal plan. The Lunch and Dinner can be served in the outside restaurant.
Could you please confirm whether a Tibetan guide or Chinese guide will be provided?
- A Tibetan guide will be provided for the tour.
What are the luxury accommodation options in Tibet?
- In Lhasa and Shigatse, there are 5-star luxury hotels available. In Shegar/Tingri and Gyirong, accommodations are available up to 3-star standards. In Rongbuk, only guesthouses are available.
Is it possible to visit Ganden Monastery and Samye Monastery on the same day?
- No, Ganden Monastery requires an additional day. However, Samye Monastery can be visited while dropping off at the airport on the last day.
Is it possible to do the Namtso Lake excursion in one day?
- Yes, it is possible to complete the Namtso Lake excursion in a single day.
Can I see the sunrise at Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Rongbuk if I am staying in Shegar?
- Yes, it is possible to witness the sunrise at Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Rongbuk, even if you are staying in Shegar.
Tibet & Mt. Kailash Tour
The Mt. Kailash Tour stands as the most revered pilgrimage site in the ...
Fly over the Himalayan ranges and view Tibet's most ancient Palaces and ...
Shigatse Tour is incredible classic tour will lead us through the ancient ...