Starting PriceUS$ 3500
Duration of Trips14 Days
Type of Trip:
Share this trip
Lhasa Mt. Kailash Tour
Fly over the Himalayan ranges and view Tibet's most ancient Palaces and Monasteries. Then travel to Mt. Kailash & Manasarovar Lake through Gyantse and Shigatse, and spend a coupld of days circumambulating the Holy Mountain. After this you can relax at the hot-springs in Chu Gompa, and then exit Tibet from the Zhangmu border via Puikutso Lake and Mt. Shisha Pangma.
Day 01Kathmandu (1300 m.) arrival: Pick up from the airport/ Drive to hotel/ briefing/ Dinner
Day 02Free day in Kathmandu for yatra preparation or sightseeing tour in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 03Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,650m), overnight at hotel
Departure Transport to Tribhuban Airport and Trans – Himalayan flight to Tibet (Gongaar airport), drive to Lhasa (1hr.) – Full rest for acclimatization.
Day 04In Lhasa:
Full Day Sightseeing Tour In Lhasa/ Acclimatization, overnight at hotel - Visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Bazaar.
Day 05Drive to Shigatse (350 km – 8/9 Hrs), overnight at hotel
After breakfast in your hotel drive to Shigatse which is the 2nd largest city of Tibet. Built in 1447 by the first Dalai Lama the Tashilampo Monastery in Shigatse is a very important monastery in Tibet as it is known as seat of the Panchan Lama O/N at Hotel.
Day 06Drive to Saga (450km – 9 hours), overnight at guesthouse
We start an early morning drive to Saga, please note this will be a long drive but on the way we can make enough stop and lunch.
Day 07Drive to Lake Manasarovar (410km – 8 Hours), overnight at guesthouse
The full moon day for pilgrimage, this is an auspicious day for all of us having first glimpse of the Holy lake Manasarovar and view of Mt. Kailash from The Horr Chu pass. Stay in Chiu Gompa, O/N at Guest House
Day 08Drive to Darchen ( 4600m), 53km, overnight at guesthouse
Visit Chiu Gompa and explore Lake Mnasarover then drive to Darchen. Preparation day for the Kora
Day 09Trek to Derapuk (4750m) 19km, overnight at guesthouse
Drive to Serchung and start Kora ( trek) to Depapuk.
Day 10Trek to Zutulpuk crossing Dolma La Pass (5620m), overnight at guesthouse
Continue trek to Zutulphul cross over Dolma La Pass.
Day 11Drive to Saga via Darchen, overnight at guesthouse
Finish of Kailash Kora and reach at Saga. Trek about 10 Km to the point and take your transportation to drive back Saga via Darchen.
Day 12Drive to Kyuirung, overnight at guesthouse
Scenic drive back to Kyuirung.
Day 13Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
After breakfast, drive to Kathmandu via Dhunche.
Day 14Free day in Kathmandu for personal activities/shopping or join onward program or final departure.
- Hotel / Guesthouse accommodation as per program
- Private Transportation by Van
- All necessary Tibet travel and trekking permit
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All sightseeing and entrance fee as per the itinerary
- Meal plan on breakfast basis
- Air ticket Kathmandu – Lhasa one way
- Kyuirung to Kathmandu private jeep transport
- Visa and permit fees
- Insurance of any kind
- Hiring porter/ horse if need
- Rescue and Evacuation Service
- Equipment hires or buys
- Any additional cost due to Nature calamity and unforeseen circumstances and etc.
01: How many days required for Mt. Kailash Yatra?
- 13 days by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxary Bus
- 10 days by Helicopter via Nepalganj.
02: How we will be doing 13 days Yatra?
- 13 days Kailash Yatra by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxayr Bus
- Kathmandu to Kodari (Nepal - Tibet border) tourist bus will be used. In Tibet, Toyota Landcruiser or Luxury Bus will be used. Routing Kathmandu - Zhyagmu - Nyalam - Saga -Paryang -Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Paryang - Saga -Nyalam - Kathmandu.
03: 10 days Kailash Yatra by Helicopter
- Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot - Hilsa (by helicopter) - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Mansarovar - Taklakot - Hilsa - Simikot (by helicopter) - Nepalganj - Kathmandu.
Also 3 days Mt. Kailash Parikrama.
04: In how many days would I finish Mt. Kailash Parikarma and how long it is?
- Holy Kailash parikarma is approx 52 kms trek to be completed in 2 nights / 3 Days. Night camping in Dirapuk & Zuthul-puk.
05: What is the best time to travel?
- Holy Mt. Kailash yatra starts in the last week of April till September every year.
06: Horse and a Porter during the whole trip and how much it costs?
A. If you do not want to trek you can hire horse/pony for parikarma. Parikarma (kora) that is for 3 days. It will cost you approx. Yuan 1200 per Yak with Yak man.
07: What are the hidden charges i.e. to be paid direct?
- Additional expenses incurred due to delay, Accidents, Natural disaster & Political action. Following are the charges not included during yatra.
- Yak and Yak man cost
- Rescue or evacuation if need, Tibet visa separation cost
- Travel insurance, drink, laundry, Telephone/fax, Additional transportation cost.
- If you are not going for Kailash Parikrama due to any reason and staying back at Darchen for three days, you have to pay extra INR 1500 per day for accommodation and food in Darchen.
08: How much amount we should carry and in what form whether travelers cheque, Doller or Tibetian cash or Indian Rupees
- In Kathmandu you may use USD OR Indian Currency (however denominations of INR 500 & 1000 is not allowed in Nepal). For Tibet you will need Chinese Yuan only. for 11 days in Tibet we suggest you to carry approx Yuan 2500-3500 Per Person. Which you may need for emergency and to pay for horse during Kailash Parikrama. Balance (unused Yuan) may be exchanged again on the way back.
INR 100 = NPR 160
INR 100 = CNY 10.5 (CHINESE YUAN)
You can exchange Yuan in Kathmandu or in Tibet border. Most of the yatri exchange their currency in Nepal-Tibet border.
09: How about accommodation facilities etc. ?
- 3/4 Star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and guest house accommodation in Tibet. However, camping accommodation will be provided during parikrama of Holy Kailash.
10: What is your cancellation policy?
- 30 days before departure date, INR 15,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 15 days before departure date, INR 25,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 07 days before departure date, No refund allowed.
11: Pilgrimage Equipment We Provide:
· Camping Equipments (to be returned at the end)
· Sleeping bags (down with inside extra cover), (to be returned at the end)
· Jacket (down) (to be returned at the end)
· Oxygen Back-up & Gaymo Bag.
12: What medical reports do I need to carry?
No medical report is required but we insist every yatri to consult their doctor before traveling to high altitude. Also every yatri must declare their physical status and specify if they are allergic to any medicine.
13: Besides the passport what other official documents will I need on the yatra?
You need to carry:-
Valid Passport with 4 passport size photographs
Medical Insurance Policy. (Not compulsory)
14: Is it essential or good to commence the tour on a full moon day?
You can commence your yatra any day. Some people prefer to reach at Mansarovar or Kailash on full moon day.
15: Can we take children with age group of 6 and 10 years?
Yes, can take children (physically normal) along with you but at your own risk because you know your child better.
16: What are the precautions taken for the children?
You have to take same precautions as you are taking for yourself.
17: Will one oxygen cylinder be sufficient for four of us?
Our team will provide oxygen cylinder in emergency. Usually, oxygen cylinder is not required. However, some yatri prefer to carry their own handy oxygen cylinders. You may buy small portable cylinder in Tibet. It may cost approx. Yuan 20-50 Per cylinder.
18: What will be the charges for children?
Yatra cost is same for children.
19: Will your cook be traveling with us during the entire trip. Will he be carrying stove and utensils can he make vegetarian items.
A. Yes, cooks will be traveling with you during the entire trip. They will carry all necessary cooking items with them and you will get only vegetarian food during yatra.
20: Can we prescribe the menu for cooking on daily basis?
Yes, you may discuss and suggest your choice. If possible, and other yatris agree our cook will not mind cooking your choice of food.
21: Is VISA cost included in the total tour cost?
Yes, cost of Tibet Visa is included. However, cost of Nepal visa is not included (applicable for foreign nationals only). Indian passport holders do not need Nepal Visa.
22: Can I bring video camera and digital camera? Weather we will have possibility to recharge the batteries or is there any restrictions to use these things.
Yes, you can bring camera & videos along with you. The voltage in Tibet is 220V. Can be re-charge most of the places but not during 3 days parikrama. We suggest to travel with extra batteries.
23: What about communication possibilities?
A. Darchen (base camp of Mt. Kailash) is the last point where communication facility is available. Mobile will not work in Kailash region. It works only in town.
24: Is there any Pundit available?
No, you have to bring your Pundit.
25: When we should book the Holy Mt. Kailash Yatra and how to book?
You should book this yatra minimum 45 days in advance. To book, we need copy of passport (1st page only) with 25% advance deposit.
26: Is it necessary to send our document with advance 45 days before?
Yes, we must send copy of your passport to China for approval.
27: How can we make advance payment?
. We have following payment options:
- Pay on line through credit card OR
- Swift transfer to OUR BANK account. Contact us for our bank details.
- Pay by credit card.
- Send a Demand Draft by courier.
28: What type of medical test is required for this trip?
TMT test. (not compulsory)
29: What we must carry?
Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tabs, sun tan lotion utility knife, dusk musk, medicine for headaches, fever, colds, stomach disorders and diamox (unless you are allergic to sulpha drugs) for altitude sickness, It is also good to carry dry fruit, juice powder, breads, candy, canned or packed food, nuts, pickles and biscuits.
* if you do not have any of the above items, our executive will assist you in Kathmandu.
30: Do you have any age restriction?
No, we do not have any age restrictions. If you are physically fit you may travel but sometime Chinese Authority do not permit for people aged 65 or above. We insist every one to consult with their doctor and must mention that you are going to high altitude. Many of old aged people travelled with us and have successfully done the parikrama.
Adventure in Nepal
Mountaineering in Nepal is the ultimate adventure for those seeking a ...
Paragliding in Nepal is an incredible opportunity to see the Himalayas ...
Mountain flights in Nepal offer a unique opportunity for those who are ...