Kailash Tour By Helicopter
Mt. Kailash Yatra is not a luxury holiday, it is an adventure pilgrimage!! Mount Kailash lies in the southwestern part of the Tibet Autonomous Region of China. At 6,714 m (22,027 ft), Mount Kailas is the highest peak in the Kailas Range of the Himalayas. This tour starts & ends in Nepalgunj, which is situated in western Nepal (one hour flight from Kathmandu). Nepalgunj is quite closer from Lucknow, so, pilgrims can start this tour either from Kathmandu OR from Lucknow as well. From Lucknow, Nepalgunj is just a 4 hours drive.
Mount Kailash, which has religious significance for both Hindus and Tibetan Buddhists, is an important pilgrimage site. For Hindus, the peak is the home of the god Shiva, while Tibetan Buddhists equate the mountain with Mount Sumeru , Pilgrims who are traveling via Kathmandu should spend one night in the beginning followed by a half day sightseeing tour of Pashupati temple & Budhanilkantha (sleeping Bishnu). After sightseeing, you will be flying to Nepalgunj then starts journey to Kailash. After returning from Kailash, you will stay one more night in Kathmandu.
Trip Itinerary of Mt.Kailash Helicopter Tour
DAY 01: Arrive Kathmandu & transfer to your hotel. Over night at Kathmandu.
DAY 02: A.M: Half-day city TOUR of Pashupatinath temple. P.M: Briefing about the KAILASH Manasarovar TOUR. Overnight at Kathmandu.
DAY 03: Transfer to airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. On arrival transfer to hotel and rest.
DAY 04: Early morning transfer to airport for chartered HELICOPTER or flight to simkot for immigration formalities & Proceed to Hilsa by chartered HELICOPTER flight. After arrival at Hilsa, we set out for Sera, a short hike of approximately 1-km to the Tibetan border where our land cruisers will be waiting.
After brief introductions with our Tibetan guide, we will drive for Taklakot [known to Chinese as Purang] and on arrival transfer to guesthouse and rest.
DAY 05: Full day free to acclimatize and relax at Taklakot.
DAY 06: Drive from Taklakot to Manasarovar [120 km – 3 Hrs].
DAY 07: During morning hour take holy bath or just relax at the edge of holy Manasarovar Lake. After breakfast, drive for Manasarovar Parikrama via Chuigumpa & hot spring. Arrive darchen and overnight at camp or guesthouse.
DAY 08: Drive to Tarboche [Astapath] 8kms & perform puja at Astapath before starting Parikrama. Start KAILASH Parikrama, trek to Dira Puk [10 Kms 4-5 Hrs.]. Overnight at camp.
DAY 09: Continue Parikrama over Dromala pass to Zuthul Puk [22 kms 7-8 Hrs.]. Overnight at camp.
DAY 10: End Parikrama near Darchen [14 kms 3-4 hrs]. Drive to Taklakot. Overnight at guesthouse or camp.
DAY 11: Early morning drive to Sera via Khojarnath Temple [an ancient Temple of Lord Ram, Laxman and Sita]. From Sherpa, we walk back to the Hilsa helipad to wait for our flight back to Simkot. After immigration, proceed for Nepalgunj by chartered HELICOPTER or aircraft [fixed wing]. Arrive Nepalgunj & further proceed to Kathmandu by flight [fixed wing]. Overnight at Kathmandu.
DAY 12: Free day in Kathmandu for personal activities/shopping or join onward program or final departure.
- 3 Nights accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin share basis.
- 1 night accommodation at hotel in Nepalgunj on twin share basis with all meals [vegetarian].
- 7 nights accommodation in Tibet using guesthouses / camping [as per itinerary].
- Tibet visa authority, monument entrance fee & permit fee.
- Yaks and yak men for luggage during Kailash Parikrama for luggage.
- Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu airfares including insurance and airport taxes.
- Airport transfers.
- Tibet using Toyota Land cruisers or bus as applicable.
- Services of our trekking equipment and Sherpa staff.
- All Trekking & camping equipment including Gamow Bags, Sleeping bags and oxygen cylinders.
- Insurance of any kind
- Hiring porter/ horse if need
- Rescue and Evacuation Service
- Equipment hires or buys
- Any additional cost due to Nature calamity and unforeseen circumstances and etc.
Fixed Departure Date
|Year||Trip||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019 / 2020||Private / Group join||USD $ 2300||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
01: How many days required for Mt. Kailash Yatra?
- 13 days by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxary Bus
- 10 days by Helicopter via Nepalganj.
02: How we will be doing 13 days Yatra?
- 13 days Kailash Yatra by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxayr Bus
- Kathmandu to Kodari (Nepal - Tibet border) tourist bus will be used. In Tibet, Toyota Landcruiser or Luxury Bus will be used. Routing Kathmandu - Zhyagmu - Nyalam - Saga -Paryang -Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Paryang - Saga -Nyalam - Kathmandu.
03: 10 days Kailash Yatra by Helicopter
- Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot - Hilsa (by helicopter) - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Mansarovar - Taklakot - Hilsa - Simikot (by helicopter) - Nepalganj - Kathmandu.
Also 3 days Mt. Kailash Parikrama.
04: In how many days would I finish Mt. Kailash Parikarma and how long it is?
- Holy Kailash parikarma is approx 52 kms trek to be completed in 2 nights / 3 Days. Night camping in Dirapuk & Zuthul-puk.
05: What is the best time to travel?
- Holy Mt. Kailash yatra starts in the last week of April till September every year.
06: Horse and a Porter during the whole trip and how much it costs?
A. If you do not want to trek you can hire horse/pony for parikarma. Parikarma (kora) that is for 3 days. It will cost you approx. Yuan 1200 per Yak with Yak man.
07: What are the hidden charges i.e. to be paid direct?
- Additional expenses incurred due to delay, Accidents, Natural disaster & Political action. Following are the charges not included during yatra.
- Yak and Yak man cost
- Rescue or evacuation if need, Tibet visa separation cost
- Travel insurance, drink, laundry, Telephone/fax, Additional transportation cost.
- If you are not going for Kailash Parikrama due to any reason and staying back at Darchen for three days, you have to pay extra INR 1500 per day for accommodation and food in Darchen.
08: How much amount we should carry and in what form whether travelers cheque, Doller or Tibetian cash or Indian Rupees
- In Kathmandu you may use USD OR Indian Currency (however denominations of INR 500 & 1000 is not allowed in Nepal). For Tibet you will need Chinese Yuan only. for 11 days in Tibet we suggest you to carry approx Yuan 2500-3500 Per Person. Which you may need for emergency and to pay for horse during Kailash Parikrama. Balance (unused Yuan) may be exchanged again on the way back.
INR 100 = NPR 160
INR 100 = CNY 10.5 (CHINESE YUAN)
You can exchange Yuan in Kathmandu or in Tibet border. Most of the yatri exchange their currency in Nepal-Tibet border.
09: How about accommodation facilities etc. ?
- 3/4 Star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and guest house accommodation in Tibet. However, camping accommodation will be provided during parikrama of Holy Kailash.
10: What is your cancellation policy?
- 30 days before departure date, INR 15,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 15 days before departure date, INR 25,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 07 days before departure date, No refund allowed.
11: Pilgrimage Equipment We Provide:
· Camping Equipments (to be returned at the end)
· Sleeping bags (down with inside extra cover), (to be returned at the end)
· Jacket (down) (to be returned at the end)
· Oxygen Back-up & Gaymo Bag.
12: What medical reports do I need to carry?
No medical report is required but we insist every yatri to consult their doctor before traveling to high altitude. Also every yatri must declare their physical status and specify if they are allergic to any medicine.
13: Besides the passport what other official documents will I need on the yatra?
You need to carry:-
Valid Passport with 4 passport size photographs
Medical Insurance Policy. (Not compulsory)
14: Is it essential or good to commence the tour on a full moon day?
You can commence your yatra any day. Some people prefer to reach at Mansarovar or Kailash on full moon day.
15: Can we take children with age group of 6 and 10 years?
Yes, can take children (physically normal) along with you but at your own risk because you know your child better.
16: What are the precautions taken for the children?
You have to take same precautions as you are taking for yourself.
17: Will one oxygen cylinder be sufficient for four of us?
Our team will provide oxygen cylinder in emergency. Usually, oxygen cylinder is not required. However, some yatri prefer to carry their own handy oxygen cylinders. You may buy small portable cylinder in Tibet. It may cost approx. Yuan 20-50 Per cylinder.
18: What will be the charges for children?
Yatra cost is same for children.
19: Will your cook be traveling with us during the entire trip. Will he be carrying stove and utensils can he make vegetarian items.
A. Yes, cooks will be traveling with you during the entire trip. They will carry all necessary cooking items with them and you will get only vegetarian food during yatra.
20: Can we prescribe the menu for cooking on daily basis?
Yes, you may discuss and suggest your choice. If possible, and other yatris agree our cook will not mind cooking your choice of food.
21: Is VISA cost included in the total tour cost?
Yes, cost of Tibet Visa is included. However, cost of Nepal visa is not included (applicable for foreign nationals only). Indian passport holders do not need Nepal Visa.
22: Can I bring video camera and digital camera? Weather we will have possibility to recharge the batteries or is there any restrictions to use these things.
Yes, you can bring camera & videos along with you. The voltage in Tibet is 220V. Can be re-charge most of the places but not during 3 days parikrama. We suggest to travel with extra batteries.
23: What about communication possibilities?
A. Darchen (base camp of Mt. Kailash) is the last point where communication facility is available. Mobile will not work in Kailash region. It works only in town.
24: Is there any Pundit available?
No, you have to bring your Pundit.
25: When we should book the Holy Mt. Kailash Yatra and how to book?
You should book this yatra minimum 45 days in advance. To book, we need copy of passport (1st page only) with 25% advance deposit.
26: Is it necessary to send our document with advance 45 days before?
Yes, we must send copy of your passport to China for approval.
27: How can we make advance payment?
. We have following payment options:
- Pay on line through credit card OR
- Swift transfer to OUR BANK account. Contact us for our bank details.
- Pay by credit card.
- Send a Demand Draft by courier.
28: What type of medical test is required for this trip?
TMT test. (not compulsory)
29: What we must carry?
Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tabs, sun tan lotion utility knife, dusk musk, medicine for headaches, fever, colds, stomach disorders and diamox (unless you are allergic to sulpha drugs) for altitude sickness, It is also good to carry dry fruit, juice powder, breads, candy, canned or packed food, nuts, pickles and biscuits.
* if you do not have any of the above items, our executive will assist you in Kathmandu.
30: Do you have any age restriction?
No, we do not have any age restrictions. If you are physically fit you may travel but sometime Chinese Authority do not permit for people aged 65 or above. We insist every one to consult with their doctor and must mention that you are going to high altitude. Many of old aged people travelled with us and have successfully done the parikrama.