Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Tamang heritage trekking is really newly opened and wonderful trekking destination of Nepal. It is situated in Rasuwa district and as part of Langtang trekking too. It is previously a restricted area near the Tibetan border; it is standing opposite of Bridim village home stay trekking. It provides camping and homestay facilities. It is a non-tourist trekking area in Nepal the Langtang trek with new trekking trails highlights the ancient lifestyle of indigenous Tamang people who migrated into Nepal from Tibet may yrs. back.
Tamang Heritage Trail is the newly developed tourism product, off the beaten track, which highlights an ancient lifestyle combining it with picturesque scenery and healing baths in natural hot springs. It is a community based trekking package between the Ganesh Himal and Langtang range. It is the trail connected Tibet. You can learn history of Tibet and Nepal though different channel like monuments etc. You can experience and learn rich cultural, life style etc of tamang people of eastern part of Nepal who came tin Nepal many years back. The trail combines picturesque landscape, luring white peaks and scattered antique villages. Getting wonderful hospitality and enjoying the sceneries of the ancient monasteries and houses festooned with prosperous wood engraving around the tamang heritage trail is awesome. In this trek we can have double benefit of getting to know the Tamang villages, their rituals and cultural practices combined with the natural view of glacier, mountains and rivers. The trek has been created for promoting the local culture, customs, habits and food of this ethnic group that lives along the route.
Trip Itinerary of Langtang Valley Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu for trekking prepration / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: kathmandu- shaybru Bensi (1467m)
After breakfast we can drive from Kathmandu to Shyabru Besi takes 8/9 hrs by bus.
Day 04: Shaybru Bensi- Gatlang (2238m)
You can observe the different traditional villages. The cultural show at Goljung and Gatlang makes your trekking an unforgettable one. Gatlang set high on a hillside among terraced fields is a Tamang settlement. One can visit a Tamang monastery and beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang.
Day 05: Gatlang - Tatopani (2607m)
On the way you enjoy sightseeing of Langtang range and Ganesh Himal.Experience of the Tamang culture at Tatopani which naturally signifies 'hot water', you can take hot bath in natural hot springs with bathing areas in the lap of the mountains.
Day 06: Tatopani -Thuman (2338m)
Another cultural village Thuman is popular for its Shamanic performances and beautiful view of Langtang. The panoramic view of Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal, Sanjen ranges can be distinctly experienced from Nagthali. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center for the local monks and priests.
Day 07: Thuman -Timur (1762m)
Timure is on the old trade route to Tibet. A fort here is a historical reminder of the Nepal Tibetan relations that has existed for many centuries.
Day 08: Timur –Briddim (2337m),
Briddim, it is a Tibetan Buddhist village in the bosom of Langtang Himal. Around 43 houses are spread in Z shape. Most of the houses are made up of stone and have roofs of split slate. As direct descendant of ancient Tibetan immigrants, the culture and tradition of Briddim closely resembles that of nearly Tibetan villages.
Day 09: Briddim - shaybru Bensi (1467m)
This day the trail moves gentle descent passing through villages, terraces and magnificent views of surrounded hills.
Day 10: shaybru Bensi – Kathmandu (1300M)
Drive back to Kathmandu with splendid views of hills, mountains, terraces and villages. You drive along the unpaved road till Betrawati and you begin to follow narrow well paved road
Day 11: Departure or Free day
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Bus or for group private Bus/Jeep/Van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,tea/coffee alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter .
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Type of trip||Group Size||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||Private||Any||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!