Starting PriceUS$ 795
Duration of Trips11 Days
Location: Langtang Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Max. Altitude:Nagthali Hill (3,165 metres)
Trip Grade:Easy Hiking
Share this trip
Tamang Heritage Trail
Tamang heritage trekking is really newly opened and wonderful trekking destination of Nepal. It is situated in Rasuwa district and as part of Langtang trekking too. It is previously a restricted area near the Tibetan border; it is standing opposite of Bridim village home stay trekking. It provides camping and homestay facilities. It is a non-tourist trekking area in Nepal the Langtang trek with new trekking trails highlights the ancient lifestyle of indigenous Tamang people who migrated into Nepal from Tibet may yrs. back.
Tamang Heritage Trail is the newly developed tourism product, off the beaten track, which highlights an ancient lifestyle combining it with picturesque scenery and healing baths in natural hot springs. It is a community based trekking package between the Ganesh Himal and Langtang range. It is the trail connected Tibet. You can learn history of Tibet and Nepal though different channel like monuments etc. You can experience and learn rich cultural, life style etc of tamang people of eastern part of Nepal who came tin Nepal many years back. The trail combines picturesque landscape, luring white peaks and scattered antique villages. Getting wonderful hospitality and enjoying the sceneries of the ancient monasteries and houses festooned with prosperous wood engraving around the tamang heritage trail is awesome. In this trek we can have double benefit of getting to know the Tamang villages, their rituals and cultural practices combined with the natural view of glacier, mountains and rivers. The trek has been created for promoting the local culture, customs, habits and food of this ethnic group that lives along the route.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02Free day in Kathmandu for trekking preparation / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03Kathmandu- shaybru Bensi (1467m) by Bus/Jeep
After breakfast we can drive from Kathmandu to Shyabru Besi takes 8/9 hrs by bus.
Day 04Trek from Shaybru Bensi- Gatlang (2238m) 4/5 hrs
You can observe the different traditional villages. The cultural show at Goljung and Gatlang makes your trekking an unforgettable one. Gatlang set high on a hillside among terraced fields is a Tamang settlement. One can visit a Tamang monastery and beautiful Parvatikunda Lake at Gatlang.
Day 05Trek from Gatlang - Tatopani (2607m) 5 hrs
On the way you enjoy sightseeing of Langtang range and Ganesh Himal. Experience of the Tamang culture at Tatopani which naturally signifies 'hot water', you can take hot bath in natural hot springs with bathing areas in the lap of the mountains.
Day 06Trek from Tatopani - Thuman (2338m) 4/5 hrs
Another cultural village Thuman is popular for its Shamanic performances and beautiful view of Langtang. The panoramic view of Langtang, Kerung, Ganesh Himal, Sanjen ranges can be distinctly experienced from Nagthali. Nagthali used to be a popular meditation center for the local monks and priests.
Day 07Trek from Thuman - Timur (1762m) 3/4 hrs
Timure is on the old trade route to Tibet. A fort here is a historical reminder of the Nepal Tibetan relations that has existed for many centuries.
Day 08Trek from Timur – Briddim (2337m), 5/6 hrs
Briddim, it is a Tibetan Buddhist village in the bosom of Langtang Himal. Around 43 houses are spread in Z shape. Most of the houses are made up of stone and have roofs of split slate. As direct descendant of ancient Tibetan immigrants, the culture and tradition of Briddim closely resembles that of nearly Tibetan villages.
Day 09trek down from Briddim - shaybru Bensi (1467m) 3/4 hrs
This day the trail moves gentle descent passing through villages, terraces and magnificent views of surrounded hills.
Day 10Drive back to Kathmandu (1300M) by Bus/Jeep, it takes 6/7 hrs
Drive back to Kathmandu with splendid views of hills, mountains, terraces and villages. You drive along the unpaved road till Betrawati and you begin to follow narrow well paved road
Day 11Departure or Free day in Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Deluxe Bus or for group private Bus/Jeep/Van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,tea/coffee alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: is a beautiful trekking trail which is a combination journey of damodar kund and langtang valley
What is the Tamang Heritage Trail?
- The Tamang Heritage Trail is a trekking route located in the Langtang region of Nepal. It offers a unique opportunity to explore the rich cultural heritage and natural beauty of the Tamang ethnic community.
How long is the Tamang Heritage Trail?
- The Tamang Heritage Trail is approximately 130 kilometers long, and it usually takes around 7-10 days to complete the entire trek.
What is the best time to visit the Tamang Heritage Trail?
- The best time to visit the Tamang Heritage Trail is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. The weather is pleasant, and the views are clear during these times.
What is the difficulty level of the trek?
- The Tamang Heritage Trail is considered a moderate trek suitable for trekkers with a basic level of fitness. It involves some uphill and downhill sections, and prior trekking experience is beneficial but not essential.
What permits are required for the Tamang Heritage Trail?
- Trekkers need to obtain the Langtang National Park Entry Permit and the TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card to trek in the Langtang region, including the Tamang Heritage Trail.
What can I expect to see on the Tamang Heritage Trail?
- The trail offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains, lush valleys, terraced fields, and traditional Tamang villages. You will have the opportunity to experience Tamang culture, visit ancient monasteries, and witness local festivals.
What kind of accommodation is available along the trail?
- Along the Tamang Heritage Trail, there are teahouses and homestays where trekkers can find basic but comfortable accommodation and meals. The teahouses offer a glimpse into the local way of life and provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Is it possible to trek the Tamang Heritage Trail independently?
- Yes, it is possible to trek the Tamang Heritage Trail independently. However, hiring a local guide is recommended to ensure safety, navigate the trail, and gain insight into the local culture and traditions.
Are there any alternative trekking routes in the Langtang region?
- Yes, apart from the Tamang Heritage Trail, there are other popular trekking routes in the Langtang region, including the Langtang Valley Trek and the Gosainkunda Trek. Each route offers its own unique attractions and experiences.
Are there any health and safety considerations for the trek?
- It is important to acclimatize properly to the altitude, stay hydrated, and carry necessary medications. Trekking insurance is also recommended. Additionally, it is advisable to check the latest travel advisories and consult with local authorities or experienced trekking agencies before embarking on the Tamang Heritage Trail.
Low altitude trek
Everest Panorama Trek travels to the region of Mount Everest and gives ...
The Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek in Nepal offers a remarkable blend of stunning ...
The Langtang Valley Trek is a captivating journey that begins with a ...