Starting PriceUS$ 750
Duration of Trips10 Days
Location: Langtang Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Max. Altitude:Kyangin Ri (4350 m)
Trip Grade:Easy Hiking
Share this trip
Langtang Valley Trekking
The Langtang Valley Trek is a captivating journey that begins with a 7-hour road trip from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi, the starting point of the trek. From Syabru Besi, we follow the Langtang River towards the east, immersing ourselves in the breathtaking beauty of the Langtang Valley.
The trek takes us through picturesque Nepalese settlements, offering a glimpse into the unique lifestyles of the people influenced by Tibetan cultures. The highlight of the trek is Kyangin Gompa (3049 m), where we visit an ancient Buddhist monastery surrounded by magnificent glaciers.
The Langtang Valley is a hidden gem adorned with snow-capped peaks, rhododendron and pine forests, stunning glaciers, lush grasslands, and swift mountain streams. The region is rich in ethnic cultures closely connected to Tibetan traditions. The prominent Mount Langtang Lirung (7246 m) dominates the entire valley, providing awe-inspiring views of Langtang Lirung, Kimshung, and Langshisha Ri.
The magnificent Kyangin Ri (4350 m) rewards us with 360-degree views of the majestic mountain scenery. After thoroughly exploring the region, we retrace our steps back to Syabru Besi and conclude our trek in Kathmandu.
Day 01arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02kathmandu- shaybru Bensi (1467m) / overnight stay at Hotel
After breakfast we can drive from Kathmandu to Shyabru Besi takes 8/9 hrs by bus.
Day 03Shaybru Bensi - Lama Hotel (3330m) / overnight stay at teahouse
The trail descends along the ridge on Syabru's main street and then drop to the Ghopche Khola (2050 m.) and again descends to the Landslide (1810m.). Afterwards, you trek ascends gently to Rimche (2400m.) through Bamboo (1960m.) and at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel.
Day 04Lama Hotel - Langtang village (3430m.) / overnight stay at teahouse
There is a monastery which we can visit shortly before arriving at the village of Langtang. The houses of Langtang and its neighboring villages are of the flat-roofed Tibetan style.
Day 05Langtang Village - Kyanjin Gompa (3870m.) / overnight stay at teahouse
After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. There is a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. You can enjoy the panoramic view of Dorje Larpa (6990m.), Langtang RI (6370m.), and Langtang Lirung (7245m.)
Day 06Explore day to hike Tserkori (5184m) or Kyangin Ri (4350 m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
Rest day at Kyangjin Gompa for excursion in and around, you can visit the monastery and the cheese factory and for the panoramic view can excursion Tserkori (5184 m) or Kyangin Ri (4350 m).
Day 07Kyanjin Gompa - Lama Hotel (3330m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
Kyangjin you retrace your route, following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village and do descent through bushes and wild forest until the lama hotel.
Day 08Lama Hotel - Syabru Besi (1450m) / overnight stay at teahouse
During the walking you can listens different sweets songs of birds, beautiful waterfall and the culture and custom of the Tamang community. You can also simply relax in the sun savoring the beauty of the majestic Himalayan Mountains.
Day 09Syabru Besi - Kathmandu (1300m) / overnight stay at teahouse
Drive from Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by bus, which takes about Seven hours. During the travel you can wonder Varity of since and can earn a kind of relax feel in heart.
Day 10Departure Day or Free time
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Bus or for group private bus/Jeep/van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,Tea/coffee,alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: The journey encompasses breathtaking landscapes, cultural encounters, and opportunities for side trips to further appreciate the scenic beauty of the region.
What is the Langtang Valley Trek?
- The Langtang Valley Trek is a popular trekking route in Nepal that takes you through the picturesque Langtang Valley, known for its stunning landscapes, snow-capped peaks, and cultural heritage.
How long does the Langtang Valley Trek take?
- The duration of the Langtang Valley Trek can vary, but typically it takes around 7- 10 days to complete. This includes the trekking days from Syabru Besi to Kyangin Gompa and back, along with acclimatization and rest days.
Where does the Langtang Valley Trek start?
- The Langtang Valley Trek starts from Syabru Besi, which is about a 7-hour drive from Kathmandu. It is the gateway to the Langtang region and serves as the starting point for the trek.
What are the highlights of the Langtang Valley Trek?
- The Langtang Valley Trek offers several highlights, including stunning views of snow-capped peaks like Langtang Lirung, visits to ancient Buddhist monasteries like Kyangin Gompa, traversing through beautiful forests of rhododendron and oak, and experiencing the rich cultural heritage of the local Tamang communities.
What is the level of difficulty for the Langtang Valley Trek?
- The Langtang Valley Trek is considered a easy trek. The trail involves uphill and downhill sections, and trekkers should be prepared for long walking days.
When is the best time to do the Langtang Valley Trek?
- The best time to undertake the Langtang Valley Trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer favorable weather conditions, clear skies, and pleasant temperatures for trekking.
Are teahouses available along the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Yes, teahouses are available along the Langtang Valley Trek. These teahouses provide basic accommodation and meals for trekkers. However, it is advisable to check availability and make necessary arrangements in advance, especially during peak trekking seasons.
What permits are required for the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Trekkers undertaking the Langtang Valley Trek need to obtain the TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card and the Langtang National Park Entry Permit. These permits can be obtained in Kathmandu or through authorized trekking agencies.
Is altitude sickness a concern on the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Altitude sickness can be a concern on the Langtang Valley Trek, especially as you ascend to higher altitudes. Proper acclimatization, staying hydrated, and following a gradual ascent are important to minimize the risks associated with altitude sickness. It is recommended to consult with guides and trekking professionals for more information and guidance.
What should I pack for the Langtang Valley Trek?
- Some essential items to pack for the Langtang Valley Trek include trekking boots, comfortable clothing layers, a good-quality sleeping bag, a waterproof jacket, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a water bottle, trekking poles, and basic toiletries. It is important to pack light and carry only necessary items to make the trek more comfortable.
Best short trekking in Nepal
Everest Panorama Trek travels to the region of Mount Everest and gives ...
The Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek in Nepal offers a remarkable blend of stunning ...
The Langtang Valley Trek is a captivating journey that begins with a ...