Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang valley is a secret place in Nepal with enormous snowcapped peaks, spectacular glaciers, rhododendron and pine forests, grasslands, swift mountain streams, rugged gorges as well as ethnic cultures closely related to nearby Tibetan cultures. This trek is ideal for those who are looking for a shorter trek and one that is not too far distant from Kathmandu. The entire valley is also dominated by Mount LangtangLirung (7246 m). It offers spectacular close-up views of the surrounding peaks and glaciers of Langtang Lirung, Kimshung, and Langshisha Ri.
Langtang valley trek starts from Kathmandu with an eight-hour road trip bringing us to the starting point of the trek in Syabru Besi. From Syabru Besi we walk following the Langtang River toward the east until reaching Kyangin Gompa (3049 m) where we stay overnight stay in the Lama Hotel. Part of the captivation of this trek is the opportunity to visit and experience the local Nepalese settlements and see the unique lifestyles of the people who are related to nearby Tibetan cultures, both in attributes and in appearance. At Kyangin Gompa we visit an early Buddhist monastery located amidst beautiful glaciers.
From here, gentle ascents provide us with dramatic views of villages and surrounding forests and grasslands where cattle graze. The trek also passes through lush forests of oak, conifer and rhododendron. Magnificent views of Kyangin Ri (4350 m) along with 360-degree views of mountains scenery are part of this trek. After thoroughly exploring this region we retrace the same route back to Syabru Besi and finally back to Kathmandu. It's worth budgeting a couple of days here to take advantage of the fabulous scenic side trips.
Trip Itinerary of Langtang Valley Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: kathmandu- shaybru Bensi (1467m) / overnight stay at teahouse
After breakfast we can drive from Kathmandu to Shyabru Besi takes 8/9 hrs by bus.
Day 03: shaybru Bensi - Lama Hotel (3330m) / overnight stay at teahouse
The trail descends along the ridge on Syabru's main street and then drop to the Ghopche Khola (2050 m.) and again descends to the Landslide (1810m.). Afterwards, you trek ascends gently to Rimche (2400m.) through Bamboo (1960m.) and at the end your trail is level to the Lama Hotel.
Day 04: Lama Hotel-Langtang village (3430m.) / overnight stay at teahouse
There is a monastery which we can visit shortly before arriving at the village of Langtang.The houses of Langtang and its neighboring villages are of the flat-roofed Tibetan style.
Day 05: Langtang Village - Kyanjin Gompa (3870m.) / overnight stay at teahouse
After crossing several small streams and moraines, the trail reaches the settlement at Kyangjin. There is a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. You can enjoy the panoramic view of Dorje Larpa (6990m.), Langtang RI (6370m.), and Langtang Lirung (7245m.)
Day 06: Explore day to hike Tserkori (5184m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
Rest day at Kyangjin Gompa for excursion in and around, you can visit the monastery and the cheese factory and for the panoramic view can excursion Tserkori (5184m).
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa - Lama Hotel (3330m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
Kyangjin you retrace your route, following the Langtang Khola to Langtang village and do descent through bushes and wild forest until the lama hotel.
Day 08: Lama Hotel - Syabru Besi (1450m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
During the walking you can listens different sweets songs of birds, beautiful waterfall and the culture and custom of the Tamang community. You can also simply relax in the sun savoring the beauty of the majestic Himalayan Mountains.
Day 09: Syabru Besi - Kathmandu (1300m)/ overnight stay at teahouse
Drive from Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by bus, which takes about Seven hours. During the travel you can wonder Varity of since and can earn a kind of relax feel in heart.
Day 10: Departure or Free time
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Bus or for group private bus/Jeep/van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,Tea/coffee,alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Type of trip||Group Size||Availability||Book This Trip|
|Every Day||Private||any||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!