The trek to Gosainkunda is a popular trek in Nepal as well as a famed pilgrimage destination in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal. Gosainkunda is a sacred and famous lake renowned among both Hindu and Buddhist peoples. Located in the Rasuwa district of Nepal north of the Kathmandu valley and with a topaltitude of 4380 meters, the Gosainkunda Trek offers spectacular views of magnificent Himalaya scenery including the Ganesh Himal range, Tibetan Himalaya range, Annapurna Range, Machhapuchhre, Dorje Lakpa peak, Surya peak, Choba Bhamare peak, Gaurishankar and other various beautiful peaks. The trail also travelsthrough breath-taking rhododendron forests, and provides views of glacial moraines, rockslides and a number of gorgeous lakes. A visit to a monastery and a cheese factory are also part of this trek.
Mythology tells us that Gosainkunda Lake was created by Lord Shiva himself, and that the black rock in the middle of the lake is his head. The story is told that the lake was created when Shiva penetrated the glacier with his trident (Trishul) to acquire water to quench his thirst. A white rock situated under the water is also said to be part of an ancient Lord Shiva temple. Some people even claim to seeLord Shiva lying in the water. It is also thought that water from this lake travels underground through a hidden waterway and exits in Kumbeshwar pool in the five-story Shiva temple in Patan. Every year more than 25,000 Hindu pilgrims come to immerse themselves in Gosainkund lakes during the August full-moon festival of Janai Purnima.
The trek itself can be done in as little as four days, but it is better to acclimatize to the altitude in Langtang or Helambu for several days. The Gosainkunda Trek also gives one the chance to experience the fascinating cultures and unique life styles of both the Sherpa and Tamang people.
Trip Itinerary of Gosainkunda Trekking
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu - Shabru Besi (1600m.)
Driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche.While passing along the road at the bank of Trishuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills.
Day 03: Syabru Besi - Lama Hotel (2470m.)
Trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and gradually follows the Langtang Khola. Nature of trail is ascent passing through Landslide. After several hrs of walking through wild forests you will be reaching at Rimche (2400m) through Bamboo (1960m.)
Day 04: Lama Hotel - Langtang village (3430m.)
After approximately half of an hour walking you will be observe very white with pretty view of Langtang Lirung through trees cover with full of snow. Before arrives Langtang village on the right bottom side of the large rock hills situated a very ancient monastery where you can feel and gain basic Buddhism religious of mountains region.
Day 05: Langtang Village - Kyangjin (3870m.)
Gradually we cross villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more extensive. After crossing few small streams and moraines and Mani walls you will be arrive at Kyangjin Gompa with kind of some pleasure and pleasant feel in your heart.
Day 06: Kyangjin Gompa and excursion
On next day of Kyangjin stay we make visit you monastery of the concern place and very famous yak cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung. The our experience and professional guide lead you Tsego RI,spot you can observe ample of different mountains, glacial, summit, peaks etc.
Day 07: Kyangjin Gompa - Lama Hotel (2470m.)
More or less six hours of walking on ascent through wild jungle, streams, bushes, moraine you will be arrive at Lama Hotel. During one walk you can experience with variety botanical, wild animals, nature, hills, cultural of the Himalaya region so on.
Day 08: Lama Hotel -Thulo Syabru (2260m.)
The beginning of the trails starts with simply on descent up to Landslide and then walks on steeply narrow path up to Thulo Syabru. En route you could see red pandas, monkeys and various species of birds, various of vegetations.
Day 09: Thulo Syabru - Sing Gompa (3250m.)
The trails from Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa follows steeply ascent path passing through Dursagang (2660m.) along with the view of Langtang Himal, Ganesh Himal, Tibetan Mountain, villages and oak, Hemlock.Now the path starts with gently follows the flat level to Sing Gompa. Sing Gompa also you find a well manage Nak cheese factory.
Day 10: Sing Gompa - Gosaikunda (4361m.)
The first part of the trails also emerges gently ascent until the Lauribinayak and the top of Lauribinayak gives you an exotic feeling. From Lauribinayak too trails steeply ascend nearly all the way to Gosaikunda. On blue sky day you can see gardens of various mountains, hills, village with Annapurna ranges, Langtang lirung, can explore dozens of holly lakes.
Day 11: Gosaikunda - Sing Gompa (3250m.)
The trails descend all the way to Sing Gompa passing Lauribanayak with magnificent mountain views and forests, villages, ranges of Tibet mountains, hills, summit of different himals etc.
Day 12: Sing Gompa to Dhunche
The first part of the trails descend through pine, silver oak and rhododendrons forests with marijuana plants up to you cross suspension bridge over the Sing Gompa Stream
Day 13: Dhunche to Kathmandu
Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu by bus as well as on your request trekking company will be arranged Jeep or heli too. It takes six to seven hrs of drive to decent until Trishuli bazaar then we meet flat road.
Day 14: Departure or Free day
This free day allows you to enjoy Kathmandu on your own.
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- Necessary trekking permit and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Bus or for group private bus/Jeep/van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,Tea/coffee,alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Group Size||Availability||Book This Trip|
|Every Month||On request||Any||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!