Starting PriceUS$ 2199
Duration of Trips19 Days
Location: Everest Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Max. Altitude:Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft)
Trip Grade:Strenuous Trek
Share this trip
Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek
Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek is a popular adventure in the Everest region of Nepal. Island Peak, also known as Imja Tse, is a stunning mountain standing at an elevation of 6,189 meters (20,305 feet). The climb to Island Peak combines the exhilaration of peak climbing with the scenic beauty of the Everest Base Camp trek.
The journey typically begins in Kathmandu, where you will make necessary preparations and obtain permits. From there, you fly to Lukla, the gateway to the Everest region, and start the trek. The trail takes you through picturesque Sherpa villages, lush forests, and across suspension bridges over rushing rivers.
As you ascend higher, you will reach iconic landmarks like Namche Bazaar, Tengboche Monastery, and Dingboche. These places offer a glimpse into the rich Sherpa culture and provide excellent acclimatization opportunities.
Reaching Everest Base Camp is a significant highlight of the trek. Standing at the base of the world's tallest mountain is an awe-inspiring experience. You can soak in the breathtaking views of the Khumbu Icefall, the Everest massif, and other towering peaks.
After exploring the Everest Base Camp, the journey continues towards Island Peak. You will follow the trail to Chhukung and set up a base camp at the foot of the mountain. The climb itself requires technical skills like ice climbing and the use of ropes, but experienced guides will be there to assist you.
The ascent to the summit of Island Peak is challenging but rewarding. From the top, you can enjoy panoramic views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, and several other Himalayan giants. The sense of accomplishment upon reaching the summit is truly unforgettable.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft) and trip preparation
Day 02Fly to Lukla (2,840m/9,318ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610m/8,563ft) - 35 minutes flight and 3 to 4 hours trek
Day 03Trek to Namche (3,440m/11,286ft) - 6 to 7 hours trek
Day 04Acclimatization Day (3,440m/11,286ft)
Day 05Trek to Tengboche (3,860m/12,664ft) - 5 to 6 hours trek
Day 06Trek to Dingboche(4,410m/14,469ft) - 5 to 6 hours trek
Day 07Acclimatization Day (4,410m/14,469ft) - 4 to 5 hours trek
Day 08Trek to Lobuche (4,910m/16,109ft) - 5 to 6 hours trek
Day 09Trek to Gorak Shep (5,140m/16,864ft) and hike to Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,598ft) - 7 to 8 hours trek
Day 10Hike to Kala Patthar (5,550m/18,2019ft) and trek to Lobuche (4,910m/16,109ft) - 5 to 6 hours trek
Day 11Trek to Chukkung (4,730m/15,518ft) via Kongma La (5,535m/18,159ft) - 7 to 8 hours trek
Day 12Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5,100m/16,728ft) and pre-Climb Training - 3 to 4 hours trek
Day 13Trek from Island Peak Base Camp to Island Peak High Camp (5,500m/18,040ft) - 3 to 4 hours trek
Day 14Summit Island Peak (6,189m/20,305ft) and return to Chukkung - 8 to 9 hours trek/ climbing
Day 15Contingency Day for Summit
Day 16Trek to Namche (3,440m/11,286ft) - 7 to 8 hours trek
Day 17Trek to Lukla (2,840m/9318ft) - 6 to 7 hours trek
Day 18Fly to Kathmandu(1,400m/4,593ft) - 35 minutes flight
Day 19Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- in trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking / climbing permit and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu by fly
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, Telephone, Tea/coffee, alcoholic beverages, tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: The price of the trip varies depending on the services selected by our clients and the size of the group. We recognize that every traveler has their unique needs and preferences, and we strive to create a personalized experience tailored to those specifications. Prepare yourself for an exceptional journey customized to your interests and desires, whether you're seeking an affordable adventure or a luxurious getaway. Leave the intricate planning to us as we meticulously handle all the details, ensuring that your dream trip becomes a reality. Relax, unwind, and focus on creating unforgettable memories that will stay with you forever.
How difficult is Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- The trek is considered moderately challenging. It involves trekking through varied terrain, including steep ascents and descents. The climb to Island Peak requires basic mountaineering skills and experience with ice climbing. Physical fitness and proper acclimatization are essential.
What is the duration of the Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- The typical duration for the entire trek, including the climb, is around 18-20 days. This duration allows for proper acclimatization and trekking at a reasonable pace.
Do I need previous climbing experience to attempt Island Peak?
- While previous climbing experience is not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Basic mountaineering skills and familiarity with the use of climbing equipment will make the ascent safer and more enjoyable. Training and practice in ice climbing techniques are beneficial.
When is the best time to do Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- The best time for this trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer stable weather, clear skies, and optimal trekking conditions. However, it is essential to check weather forecasts and consult with local guides before embarking on the journey.
Are permits required for Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- Yes, permits are required for this trek. You will need a Sagarmatha National Park Permit and a Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Permit. Additionally, if you plan to climb Island Peak, you will need an Island Peak climbing permit.
Are there any age restrictions for Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- There is no strict age limit for the trek, but participants should be in good physical condition and have the ability to handle long days of trekking. It is recommended to consult with your doctor before undertaking any strenuous activity at high altitudes.
What kind of accommodation is available during the trek?
- Along the trekking route, you will find teahouses or lodges that provide basic accommodation and meals. These teahouses offer a cozy place to rest, and most of them have communal dining areas. In some remote areas, the accommodation may be more basic.
Do I need a guide for Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- While it is not mandatory, it is highly recommended to have an experienced guide. A guide will ensure your safety, assist with logistics, navigate the trail, and provide valuable insights about the region and culture. They can also offer support during the climb.
What kind of equipment do I need for Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek?
- You will need proper trekking gear, including sturdy hiking boots, warm clothing layers, a sleeping bag, a backpack, and trekking poles. For the climb, you will require additional mountaineering equipment such as crampons, ice axes, harnesses, and helmets. It is advisable to rent or purchase gear in Kathmandu or hire from a local trekking agency.
Remember, it is essential to thoroughly research and plan your trek, seek professional advice, and be well-prepared for the challenges that come with Island Peak Climbing with EBC Trek.
Low altitude treks in Nepal
Everest Panorama Trek travels to the region of Mount Everest and gives ...
The Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek in Nepal offers a remarkable blend of stunning ...
The Langtang Valley Trek is a captivating journey that begins with a ...