Starting PriceUS$ 870
Duration of Trips12 Days
Location: Annapurna Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Max. Altitude:Khayer Lake (4600m)
Trip Grade:Strenuous Trek
Share this trip
Khopra Rhododendron Trek
Khopra Rhododendron Trek leads you main trail to Ghorepani Poon Hill and Muldai view new trek route to closer to Annapurna South, Baraha Shikhar, Nilgiri South from Khopra danda which offers great sunrise view with panoramic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri with entire range and during the spring season when the entire rhododendron forest will be in full bloom covering the whole mountainside. The Khayer Lake is another attraction of this trek which is really beautiful and quite. Fishtail, Lamjung himal and other famous mountains can be viewed during the trip. This is a low altitude trek but with spectacular sceneries and beauty of the high Himalayas.
Kopra ridge trekking is most exotic and interesting trekking route in Annapurna region. It is newly established tourist destination containing all the elements of trekking experience including villages, wildlife, mountainous views, range of landscape from forest to high alpine and the most popular natural hot water springs in Tatopani. It is one of the best adventurous short treks you can do in Nepal.
Rhododendron Trek in Nepal
The month of March up to May is generally the best for doing this Khopra Rhododendron Trek. you can enjoy to see many different types of rhododendron and beautiful Rhododendron Flower with many different colors. Mainly the Annapurna region, Langtang region, and Kanchenjunga region are known as Best Rhododendron trek in Nepal. You can fully enjoy seeing colorful rhododendron forest and breathtaking Himalayan panorama during the trek.
Khopra Rhododendron Trek Highlights
1. Explore around the world’s biggest rhododendron forest.
2. Golden sunrise over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges.
3. Witness majestic panorama from the Himalayan vantage-point ‘Pooh Hill’, Muldai view and Khayer Lake.
4. One of the most popular natural hot water springs in Narchyang and Tatopani.
5. Discover local culture and traditions and observe daily lives in the high Himalayan settlements.
6. Explore varieties of flora & fauna.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Arrival in the (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Across Himalaya / Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02Kathmandu to Pokhara (900M) by fly or drive.
After B/F drive to Pokhara by tourist Bus (6/7 hour 200KM) and evening rest and free time / Overnight stay at Pokhara.
Day 03Pokhara – Uleri (2100m), one and half hour drive and 4-5 Hrs walk
After B/F drive to Birenthanti via Nayapul by Jeep (1 and 1/2hour) and four hour trek up to Uleri (2100m) / Overnight stay at Tea-house/ Lodge.
Day 04Trek from Uleri to Ghorepani (2860m), 4-5 Hrs walk
Stunningly-beautiful views abound on the way from Ulleri to Ghorepani, a beautiful small village and a popular station for trekkers where we will spend the night / Overnight stay at Tea-house/Lodge
Day 05Trek from Ghorepani to Dobato (3349m), 5-6 Hrs walk
Morning Poon Hill visit (3210m)/ trek from Ghorepani to Dobato (3425m) / Overnight stay at Tea house.
Day 06Trek from Dobato to Chistibung (3026m), 4-5 Hrs walk
Walk up to the viewpoint at Muldai, We get to appreciate the diverse flora and fauna of the region and of course the magnificent view of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South and trek to Chistibung.
Day 07Trek from Chistibung to Khopra Ridge (3660m/12007), 3-4 Hrs walk
From Khopra we also admire the stunning mountain panorama including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna South / Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 08Rest day in Khopra Ridge: Tour of Khayer Lake (4600m), 7-8 Hrs walk
We begin trekking from around six in the morning towards the Khayer Lake from where we attain excellent views of the Fang and surrounding mountains. Considered to be a sacred lake by the Hindus, it is believed that bathing in the lake will help attain Nirvana. As Hinduism and Buddhism are intricately related in Nepal, we can even see a number of Hindu and Buddhist shrines on the lakeside. For those of us who do not want to walk all the way to the lake, a half day walk from Khopra can also be arranged. We have packed lunch today / Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 09Trek from Khopra Danda to Narchyang (1510m), 3-4 Hrs walk
Trek down to Narchyang Village at the elevation of 1200m, Narchyang is the biggest Magar village and natural hot spring in the area / Overnight stay at home stay / lodges.
Day 10Trek from Narchyang to Tatopani (1190m), 2-3 Hrs walk
Today it is short walk to Tatopani, about 2-4 hours only. Here we enjoy natural hot spa after the body ache and leg sore trekking. Rest and relax / Overnight stay at tea-house.
Day 11Drive back to Pokhara
After breakfast we drive to Pokhara. Evening enjoy at Lake side of Pokhara / Overnight in Pokhara
Day 12Free day in Pokhara or Drive/fly back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- 2-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Tourist bus (Ktm - Pokhara – Ktm) or for group private bus/car/van
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Trained trekking guide and porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter), necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: Khopra Danda Trek also known as Khopra Ridge Trek is a fresh trekking route in the Annapurna Region of Nepal.
Where is the Khopra Trek located?
- The Khopra Trek is located in the Annapurna region of Nepal, specifically in the southern foothills of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges.
How long does the Khopra Trek usually take?
- The duration of the Khopra Trek can vary depending on the specific itinerary and trekking pace. On average, it takes around 7-10 days to complete the trek.
Is the Khopra Trek challenging?
- The Khopra Trek is considered a moderate trek, suitable for trekkers with a reasonable level of fitness. While it involves some steep ascents and descents, it is generally less strenuous compared to other treks in the Annapurna region.
What are some of the mountains visible during the Khopra Trek?
- During the Khopra Trek, you can enjoy breathtaking views of various peaks, including Annapurna South (7,219m), Dhaulagiri (8,167m), Nilgiri (7,061m), and Machhapuchhre (6,993m).
Is a permit required for the Khopra Trek?
- Yes, trekkers undertaking the Khopra Trek need to obtain the necessary permits. This includes the Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) and the Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card, which can be obtained in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
What is the best time to do the Khopra Trek?
- The best time to embark on the Khopra Trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer stable weather, clear skies, and pleasant trekking conditions.
Are teahouses or accommodations available along the trek?
- Yes, there are teahouses and lodges available along the Khopra Trek route, providing basic accommodation and meals for trekkers. The facilities may be more basic and limited compared to popular trekking routes, but they are sufficient for a comfortable stay.
What should I pack for the Khopra Trek?
- Essential items to pack include comfortable trekking boots, layered clothing suitable for varying temperatures, a down jacket, a hat, gloves, a backpack, a sleeping bag, a water bottle, sunscreen, a first aid kit, and a headlamp. It's also advisable to carry snacks, water purification tablets, and a trekking pole if desired.
Is it necessary to hire a guide for the Khopra Trek?
- Hiring a guide for the Khopra Trek is not mandatory, but it is recommended, especially for those with limited trekking experience. A guide can assist with navigation, provide insights about the region and culture, and ensure your safety during the trek.
Can altitude sickness be a concern during the Khopra Trek?
- The Khopra Trek reaches altitudes of around 3,660 meters, so altitude sickness can be a concern. It's important to follow a gradual ascent, stay hydrated, and be aware of any symptoms of altitude sickness. Proper acclimatization is crucial to minimize the risk.
Remember to gather up-to-date information, consult with experienced trekkers or local trekking agencies, and make necessary preparations to ensure a safe and enjoyable Khopra Trek experience.
The most spectacular treks in the world
The Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular treks in Nepal, ...
Round Annapurna Trekking is held in the region on the Annapurna which ...
The magnificent beauty of the Manaslu range is an experience that with ...