Khopra Rhododendron Trek
Khopra Rhododendron Trek leads you main trail to Ghorepani Poon Hill and Muldai view new trek route to closer to Annapurna South, Baraha Shikhar, Nilgiri South from Khopra danda which offers great sunrise view with panoramic views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri with entire range and during the spring season when the entire rhododendron forest will be in full bloom covering the whole mountainside. The Khayer Lake is another attraction of this trek which is really beautiful and quite. Fishtail, Lamjung himal and other famous mountains can be viewed during the trip. This is a low altitude trek but with spectacular sceneries and beauty of the high Himalayas.
Kopra ridge trekking is most exotic and interesting trekking route in Annapurna region. It is newly established tourist destination containing all the elements of trekking experience including villages, wildlife, mountainous views, range of landscape from forest to high alpine and the most popular natural hot water springs in Tatopani. It is one of the best adventurous short treks you can do in Nepal.
Rhododendron Trek in Nepal
The month of March up to May is generally the best for doing this Khopra Rhododendron Trek. you can enjoy to see many different types of rhododendron and beautiful Rhododendron Flower with many different colors. Mainly the Annapurna region, Langtang region, and Kanchenjunga region are known as Best Rhododendron trek in Nepal. You can fully enjoy seeing colorful rhododendron forest and breathtaking Himalayan panorama during the trek.
Khopra Rhododendron Trek Highlights
1. Explore around the world’s biggest rhododendron forest.
2. Golden sunrise over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges.
3. Witness majestic panorama from the Himalayan vantage-point ‘Pooh Hill’, Muldai view and Khayer Lake.
4. One of the most popular natural hot water springs in Narchyang and Tatopani.
5. Discover local culture and traditions and observe daily lives in the high Himalayan settlements.
6. Explore varieties of flora & fauna.
Trip Itinerary of Khopra Rhododendron Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Arrival in the (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be greeted by a representative from Across Himalaya / Overnight in Kathmandu.
DAY 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara (900M) by fly or drive.
After B/F drive to Pokhara by tourist Bus (6/7 hour 200KM) and evening rest and free time / Overnight stay at Pokhara.
DAY 03: Pokhara – Uleri (2100m), one and half hour drive and 4-5 Hrs walk
After B/F drive to Birenthanti via Nayapul by Jeep (1 and 1/2hour) and four hour trek up to Uleri (2100m) / Overnight stay at Tea-house/ Lodge.
DAY 04: Trek from Uleri to Ghorepani (2860m), 4-5 Hrs walk
Stunningly-beautiful views abound on the way from Ulleri to Ghorepani, a beautiful small village and a popular station for trekkers where we will spend the night / Overnight stay at Tea-house/Lodge
Day 05: Trek from Ghorepani to Dobato (3349m), 5-6 Hrs walk
Morning Poon Hill visit (3210m)/ trek from Ghorepani to Dobato (3425m) / Overnight stay at Tea house.
Day 06: Trek from Dobato to Chistibung (3026m), 4-5 Hrs walk
Walk up to the viewpoint at Muldai, We get to appreciate the diverse flora and fauna of the region and of course the magnificent view of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna South and trek to Chistibung.
Day 07: Trek from Chistibung to Khopra Ridge (3660m/12007), 3-4 Hrs walk
From Khopra we also admire the stunning mountain panorama including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna South / Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 08: Rest day in Khopra Ridge: Tour of Khayer Lake (4600m), 7-8 Hrs walk
We begin trekking from around six in the morning towards the Khayer Lake from where we attain excellent views of the Fang and surrounding mountains. Considered to be a sacred lake by the Hindus, it is believed that bathing in the lake will help attain Nirvana. As Hinduism and Buddhism are intricately related in Nepal, we can even see a number of Hindu and Buddhist shrines on the lakeside. For those of us who do not want to walk all the way to the lake, a half day walk from Khopra can also be arranged. We have packed lunch today / Overnight in Khopra Ridge.
Day 09: Trek from Khopra Danda to Narchyang (1510m), 3-4 Hrs walk
Trek down to Narchyang Village at the elevation of 1200m, Narchyang is the biggest Magar village and natural hot spring in the area / Overnight stay at home stay / lodges.
Day 10: Trek from Narchyang to Tatopani (1190m), 2-3 Hrs walk
Today it is short walk to Tatopani, about 2-4 hours only. Here we enjoy natural hot spa after the body ache and leg sore trekking. Rest and relax / Overnight stay at tea-house.
Day 11: Drive back to Pokhara
After breakfast we drive to Pokhara. Evening enjoy at Lake side of Pokhara / Overnight in Pokhara
Day 12: Free day in Pokhara or Drive/fly back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- 2-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Tourist bus (Ktm - Pokhara – Ktm) or for group private bus/car/van
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Trained trekking guide and porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter), necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Date||Trip Cost||Group Joining||Availability||Book This Trip|
|10 March 2020||USD 785.||Open||Available||Book Now|
|23 March 2020||USD 785.||Open||Available||Book Now|
|27 March 2020||USD 785.||Open||Available||Book Now|
|09 April 2020||USD 785||Open||Available||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 05% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 15 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and more then 16pax 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 05% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!