Starting PriceUS$ 1499
Duration of Trips14 Days
Type of Trip:
Max. Altitude:Everest Base camp (5200M)
Trip Grade:Easy Hiking
Share this trip
Tibet EBC with Kathmandu Tour
Tibet EBC with Kathmandu Tour package combines the famed tour to Everest Base Camp with its magnificent views of mountains and Mount Everest itself, with sightseeing in Kathmandu. The base camp trek portion of the package will originate in Tibet and provide the thrill and adventure of transferring high-altitude Mountains and valleys with captivating Himalayan scenery. During the Kathmandu sightseeing portion, you will visit such places as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath temple (“monkey temple”), Boudhanath (the largest stupa in the world), Pashupatinath (a sprawling temple complex) and Bhaktapur Durbar square.
For the Everest Base Camp trek, we will start from the Tibet side of Mount Everest. First, we will fly to the historical city of Lhasa, which you will have the opportunity to tour. You will see such places as the joking temple, the antique Bharkor Bazar, the leading monasteries in Tibet, the second leading city in Tibet, Shigatse, stunning Yamdrok lake, Karola glacier, Palchoe monastery, and splendid glimpse of Gyangtse city. We will then continue our journey by road to Rongbuk at 4900 m and spend a few days and acclimatizing to the altitude. The real trekking then begins at about 5150 m, and we will stay and sleep as high as 6340 m. There are many stony, rough icy, and windy areas on this trek surrounded by magnificent mountains. You will really get great insight into what Everest climbing expeditions are all about. This trek is harder than the trek from the Nepal side, which is probably more appropriate for a first-time vist to Nepal. So, Nepal trek is far suitable for a first time visit to Everest. During the trek you will have wonderful views of north Everest as well as Lakpa Ri peak and countless other mountains.
The second main attraction in this package is sightseeing in Kathmandu in contrast to your high-mountain Himalayan experience. You will be led on a tour and have the chance to visit and explore the fascinating and deep cultural heritage of Nepal, visiting such places as Kathmandu Durbar square, Swoyambhunath temple (“monkey temple”), Boudhanath (the largest stupa in the world), Pashupatinath (a sprawling temple complex) and Bhaktapur Durbar square.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ transfer to hotel
Day 02Sightseeing of Kathmandu:
Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple Pashupatinath & the biggest Buddhist Stupa of Boudhanath. Also visit ancient Monkey Temples, Basantapur Durbar Square.
Day 03Fly to Lhasa (3650Mts/ 60Km):
You will be warmly welcome by our Tibetan guide and driver and accompany you to the holy city of Lhasa along with the view of Brahmaputra, known as Yarlung Tsangpo in Tibetan and a giant stone carved Buddha with more than a thousand years history.
Day 04 - 05Sightseeing tour in Lhasa: Potala Palace, Jokang temple, Bharkor Bazar, Drepung and Sera monasteries Hotel on B.B
Day 06Lhasa to Gyangtse (3950Mts/ 280Km):
You will start your tour at around 9Am from your hotel and then drive towards Gyangtse through 3 big mountain passes, Kampa La, Karo La, and Simila respectively. Karola is the highest pass among them which is over 5000Mts with its most beautiful glaciers; beautiful Yamdrok Lake emerged as coral color from the top of Kampala pass.
Day 07Gyangtse to Shigatse (3900mts/ 90Km):
You will start your tour at around 9Am from your hotel and then drive towards Palchoe monastery for a few minutes. Visit Palchoe monastery and Kubum Pagoda stupa. After the sightseeing, you will have your lunch and then continue your journey to Shigatse by passing one of the biggest farming lands in Tibet where people grow barley, wheat, different kinds of vegetables. Pm visit Tashi Lhunpo monastery and old market of Shigatse
Day 08Shigatse to new Dingri via Sakya Monastery (4050Mts/ 290KM):
You will start your tour at around 8.30Am from your hotel and drive through two big mountain passes, Tsola 4500Mts/ Gyatso la 5220Mts and some beautiful villages and the first view of Mount Everest from the foot of Gyatso la pass.
Day 09Shegar to Rongbuk Monastery (5000Mts/ 100Km):
You will start your tour at 9Am and drive through Pangla pass 5000Mts from which you will have a fantastic view of Mount Everest, Lhotse and Makalu respectively which are over 8000Mts. After your lunch in Rongbuk monastery, you will visit the world's highest monastery, Rongbuk. When the sun sets, you will have a fantastic view of Mount Everest in the red colored sun shade.
Day 10Rongbuk to Everest Base camp Excursion (5200Mts/ 8Km):
You will start your walking from Rongbuk monastery at around 10Am and it will take you to two hrs to get there. On the way you can visit a miraculous cave of Mila Repa. After two hrs trek, you get to the Everest base camp. It is the best point of enjoying the world's highest mountain and taking photos of it. You can have a basic lunch at Everest Base camp since there are many local tented tea houses where they sell instant noodles or bread etc.
Day 11Rongbuk to Dram, the Nepal Tibet border. (2300Km / 255Km):
You will start your tour at 8.30 Am and drive through a rough road for 65Km until you get to the friendship high way where Old Dingri is located. Old Dingri is one of the popular places to stop a night in order to view Mount Everest for tourists especially for those who are unable to go to Mount Everest because of altitude problem. You will drive through Lalung la pass and Thongla pass which are over 5000Mts. From the top of those places, you will say final good bye to the beautiful Himalayan range including Shisha Bangma mountain which is also over 8000Mts and popular to the mountain climbers.
Day 12Drive to Kathmandu (1300Mts/ 122Km):
Walk across Friendship Bridge, meet by our representative from Nepal, clear immigration procedure and obtain your Nepali visa & transfer to Kathmandu. Driving up and down in the forested mountain with beautiful villages on the slops of the both side mountains
Day 13Free day in Kathmandu: or City tour to Bhkatapur Durbar square, and Patan Durbar Square,
Breakfast at hotel / After B/F Visit to Bhkatapur Durbar square, and visit Patan Durbar Square, fine city of fine arts. After visit the Durbar square rest of the day free for shopping and individual activities /overnight at Kathmandu
Day 14Departure on your Next Destination: Breakfast at the hotel, afternoon free for the last minute shopping & free on your own. Depart for the airport.
- All travel permits for Tibet
- English speaking Tibetan tour guide
- All transportation in Tibet as per the itinerary
- Pick up and drop off by airport bus
- All administrative fees
- All meals and accommodations for your driver and guide
- Vehicle tolls and vehicle repairs (if necessary)
- All lodging listed in the itinerary; If you travel individually, you will need to share one room with another tourist; while if you prefer to stay in one room by yourself, you will have to pay the single room supplement.
- Breakfast each morning
- Entrance fees for the places listed in the Itinerary
- One time welcome meal for the group
- One box of mineral water plus shared Oxygen tank in car.
- Transportation costs to and from Tibet
- Chinese visa fees and passport fees
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses (laundry, photography fees, souvenirs etc)
- Tips to the driver and guide
Which route is recommended for an overland tour: Kathmandu to Kerung to Lhasa or Lhasa to Kerung to Kathmandu? Especially considering high altitude concerns.
- Either route is suitable. Both routes have their own advantages, and the high altitude concerns can be managed with proper acclimatization and precautions. Best to do Kathmandu to Kerung to Lhasa.
What is your suggestion for applying for a China visa (to visit Tibet) from the travelers' home country?
- It is better to apply for the China visa from your home country. We can provide the necessary and supportive documents to facilitate the visa application process.
Is it difficult to send the Tibet Travel Permit to China mainland cities like Beijing, Chengdu, or Kunming?
- It is not difficult. We can send the Tibet Travel Permit to any city where you will be staying overnight, including airports if you have a same-day flight to Lhasa, Tibet.
How can payment or deposit be made?
- Payment or deposit can be made through bank transfer or in cash. Please choose the option that is most convenient for you.
How difficult is it to obtain a Tibet group visa from Kathmandu?
- Obtaining a Tibet group visa from Kathmandu takes around 4 days to process the visa at the Chinese embassy, and each traveler's biometric data is required, so they need to be physically present at the embassy in Kathmandu. A minimum of 4 persons is required to apply for a Tibet group visa.
Have flights from Kathmandu to Tibet resumed?
- As of now, flights from Kathmandu to Tibet have not resumed.
Is there a direct flight from my country to Tibet?
- No, there are no international flights directly to Tibet, except from Kathmandu, Nepal. However, even the Kathmandu route is not currently operational. To travel to Tibet, you would need to fly to China mainland cities like Beijing, Chengdu, or Kunming from your country and stay overnight there to receive the Tibet travel permit. The next day, you can take a flight to Lhasa, Tibet.
Is a Tibet travel permit required to fly to Tibet?
- Yes, a Tibet travel permit is required to enter Tibet. We will provide the permit based on your itinerary and places of stay.
What is the issue of high altitude in Tibet?
- The high altitude in Tibet can pose some challenges. It is recommended to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and taking adequate rest. Oxygen cylinders are always available in the vehicles during the tour as a precautionary measure. So, there is no need to worry, but it is important to be mindful of the altitude.
Is it possible to visit China mainland cities with a Tibet group visa?
- Yes, it is possible to visit China mainland cities with a Tibet group visa.
Will the vehicle be shared or private?
- The vehicle provided will be private.
Is it possible to have a full meal plan? Will the meals be served in the hotel or outside?
- Yes, it is possible to arrange a full meal plan. The Lunch and Dinner can be served in the outside restaurant.
Could you please confirm whether a Tibetan guide or Chinese guide will be provided?
- A Tibetan guide will be provided for the tour.
What are the luxury accommodation options in Tibet?
- In Lhasa and Shigatse, there are 5-star luxury hotels available. In Shegar/Tingri and Gyirong, accommodations are available up to 3-star standards. In Rongbuk, only guesthouses are available.
Is it possible to visit Ganden Monastery and Samye Monastery on the same day?
- No, Ganden Monastery requires an additional day. However, Samye Monastery can be visited while dropping off at the airport on the last day.
Is it possible to do the Namtso Lake excursion in one day?
- Yes, it is possible to complete the Namtso Lake excursion in a single day.
Can I see the sunrise at Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Rongbuk if I am staying in Shegar?
- Yes, it is possible to witness the sunrise at Everest Base Camp (EBC) from Rongbuk, even if you are staying in Shegar.
Tibet and Nepal Tour
The Kailash pilgrimage tour is a journey of immense spiritual significance ...
The Tibet Overland Tour is a breathtaking journey that takes travelers ...
Experience the best of Nepal and Tibet with our combined tour, designed ...