Starting PriceUS$ 750
Duration of Trips11 Days
Location: Annapurna Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Trip Grade:Easy Hiking
Share this trip
Poon Hill Trek & Jungle Safari Tour
The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari is an incredible combination that offers a diverse experience for travelers in Nepal. The trek takes you through the majestic Himalayan mountains, immersing you in the authentic Nepalese trekking culture. On the other hand, the Chitwan National Park provides a contrasting jungle region adventure, allowing you to engage in various activities such as elephant riding, bathing elephants, jungle walks, and canoeing.
During the jungle safari, you will have the unique opportunity to encounter a wide range of wildlife, including rhinoceros, elephants, leopards, wild boar, crocodiles, and if you're lucky, even spot a tiger. The park is also a haven for bird lovers, with hundreds of exotic bird species to admire. Moreover, both the trek and safari present opportunities to interact with different Nepalese communities, allowing you to appreciate the rich cultural diversity of the region.
Combining these two adventures creates a well-rounded experience that showcases the natural beauty, wildlife, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality of Nepal. It promises an unforgettable journey that encompasses both the serene mountains and the vibrant jungle, offering a truly immersive and captivating experience for travelers.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal/ transfer to hotel
On your arrival in Kathmandu, you will be picked-up directly from the airport by our staff and brought to your hotel where simple refreshments will be provided.
Day 02Full day of sightseeing visiting Kathmandu’s most famous sites
Nepal is rich in culture and art and has many distinctive monuments. On this day, you will have a guided tour of the Kathmandu valley getting an enchanting glimpse into Nepali culture and historical and religious sites including such places as Swayambhunath Temple (Buddhist), Pashupatinath Temple (Hindu), Bouddhanath, and Kathmandu’s famed Durbar Square.
Day 03Drive to Chitwan and stay at hotel / Evening culture show
We will stay three days and two nights in Chitwan, and experience such activities as riding on the backs of elephants, canoeing, walking in the jungle, and appreciating the diverse plant and animal life of Chitwan National Park, a world heritage site. Along with this, we have the opportunity to get a glimpse into the heritage of the local indigenous people.
Day 04hitwan National Park: jungle safari, elephant back safari, nature walk, bird watching, culture tour & show, canoe ride, and other activities
Day 05Drive to Pokhara and stay at hotel / rest and free time
Today we travel to the city of Pokhara, often termed the city of beauty, by taxi or bus. Along the way, there are great views and an introduction to the Nepalese countryside. After reaching Pokhara, it is time to rest and enjoy your free time.
Day 06Drive to Hile via Nayapul (1070 m) / trek up to Ulleri (1960 m) and stay at teahouse
Today, our trek really begins. It is a short drive to the town of Nayapul, named because of bridge built during the time of the Nizams, and which is the starting point for the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. From here, we begin walking, arriving at Tikhedhunga where we spend the night.
Day 07Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepani (2800m) and stay at teahouse
Stunningly-beautiful views await us on the way from Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani. We pass beautiful houses made of stone, see horses carrying loads on the trail eventually arriving at Ghorepani, a very popular village for trekkers with views of giant Himlaayan peaks.
Day 08Morning Poon Hill / trek from Ghorepani (2800m) to Tadapani (2600m) and stay at teahouse
In the morning we will climb to the top of nearby Poon Hill and watch the sunrise hit the Himalayan peaks, truly an unforgettable experience. After breakfast we will continue our trek to Tadapani. Along the way, we get more views of the high Himalayan peaks, before reaching Tadapani, another scenic and popular village and resting place.
Day 09Trek from Tadapani (2600m) to Ghandruk (1900m) and stay at teahouse
Today we trek from Tadapani, descending through forests, until we reach the fascinating village of Ghandruk, a scenic village covering a hillside with many stone stairs and courtyards.
Day 10Trek from Ghandruk (1900 m) to Nayapul / transportation to Pokhara
After breakfast we will depart from Ghandruk and soon arrive in Nayapul, which is the end of our trekking experience. From here, we will be transported back to Pokhara, and back to our hotel.
Day 11Free time in Pokhara or Drive/fly back to KTM
Enjoy some free time in Pokhara to rest and recover or sightseeing tour to Pokhara valley or Drive/fly back to KTM.
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- 2 night 3 days jungle safari tour in chitwan national park
- Accommodation in Chitwan full board basic (BLD)
- Tourist bus (Ktm - chitwan- Pokhara – Ktm) or for group private bus/car/van
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Trained trekking guide and porter (2 trekkers: 1 porter), necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: Combining these two adventures creates a well-rounded experience that showcases the natural beauty, wildlife, cultural heritage, and warm hospitality of Nepal.
What is The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari is a combined trip in Nepal that offers a unique and diverse experience. It combines the adventure of trekking in the Annapurna region with a thrilling jungle safari in Chitwan National Park.
What can I expect during the Annapurna Trek?
- The Annapurna Trek takes you through the majestic Himalayan mountains, offering breathtaking views, serene landscapes, and an immersive Nepalese trekking experience. You will have the opportunity to witness stunning mountain peaks, charming villages, and experience the local culture and traditions.
What activities are included in the Jungle Safari at Chitwan National Park?
- The Jungle Safari at Chitwan National Park offers a range of exciting activities. You can enjoy elephant riding, elephant bathing, jungle walks, canoeing, bird watching, and even have the chance to spot wildlife such as rhinoceros, elephants, leopards, wild boar, crocodiles, and potentially tigers.
What is the duration of The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- The duration of The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari can vary depending on the specific itinerary and your preferences. Typically, it can range from 10 to 14 days, allowing ample time for both the trek and the safari.
When is the best time to embark on The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- The best time to undertake The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer favorable weather conditions, clear skies, and pleasant temperatures for both trekking and safari activities.
Do I need any permits for The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- Yes, permits are required for both the trek and the jungle safari. For the trek, you will need the Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP), and for the jungle safari, you will require the Chitwan National Park entry permit. These permits can be obtained in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Is it necessary to have a guide for The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- While having a guide is not mandatory, it is highly recommended, especially if you have limited trekking or wildlife experience. A guide can provide valuable assistance, ensure your safety, offer insights into the local culture and wildlife, and enhance your overall experience.
What type of accommodations can I expect during The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- Accommodations during the trek will typically be teahouses or guesthouses, offering basic facilities such as a bed, meals, and hot showers. In Chitwan National Park, you will find jungle lodges or resorts that provide comfortable rooms or cottages amidst the natural surroundings.
Can I customize The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari itinerary?
- Yes, the itinerary for The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari can be customized according to your preferences, time availability, and fitness level. You can work with a travel agency or guide to tailor the itinerary to suit your specific needs.
Is The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari suitable for all fitness levels?
- The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari requires a moderate level of fitness. While the trek involves walking in mountainous terrain with some uphill and downhill sections, the jungle safari activities can be less physically demanding. It's recommended to be in good health and consult with a healthcare professional before undertaking the trip.
Is The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari suitable for families and children?
- The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari can be suitable for families and children, depending on the age and fitness level of the children. It's important to consider the physical abilities of the children and choose an itinerary that suits their capabilities. It's advisable to consult with a travel agency or guide who can recommend family-friendly routes and accommodations.
What should I pack for The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- Packing essentials include appropriate trekking gear such as sturdy hiking boots, comfortable clothing, a waterproof jacket, layers for varying temperatures, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, a refillable water bottle, a first aid kit, and personal toiletries. For the jungle safari, lightweight and breathable clothing, binoculars, a camera, and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Can I extend The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari with other activities or destinations in Nepal?
- Yes, you can extend your trip and combine The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari with other activities or destinations in Nepal. Popular options include visiting Pokhara, exploring other trekking regions, or experiencing cultural highlights in Kathmandu. Discuss your interests and preferences with a travel agency to customize your itinerary accordingly.
Are vegetarian and vegan meal options available during The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- Yes, vegetarian and vegan meal options are usually available during The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari. Most teahouses and lodges along the trekking route offer a variety of vegetarian dishes, and jungle lodges in Chitwan National Park can accommodate dietary preferences with prior notice. However, it's recommended to communicate your dietary requirements in advance to ensure proper arrangements.
What safety precautions should I take during The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari?
- It's important to prioritize safety during The Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari. This includes trekking with a licensed guide, staying on designated trails, following instructions from park authorities during the jungle safari, staying hydrated, and being mindful of wildlife encounters. It's also advisable to have travel insurance that covers trekking and safari activities.
Remember to gather up-to-date information, consult with experienced trekkers or local trekking agencies, and make necessary preparations to ensure a safe and enjoyable Annapurna Trek & Jungle Safari experience.
Annapurna region trekking
Khopra Rhododendron Trek leads you main trail to Ghorepani Poon Hill ...
The Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek is renowned as one of Nepal's most ...
Mardi Himal Trek is one of favorite trek in the Annapurna area is Nepal's ...