Ganja La Pass Trek
The Ganga La Pass trek is a popular yet demanding trek in the Langtang region of Nepal. Reaching an altitude of 5106 meters at Ganga La Pass, this trek also offers spectacular views of Tserko RI (5000 m) and the entire Langtang Himalayan range. The Langtang region itself is relatively near to Kathmandu and is also famous for the Lake Gosainkunda. The trek itself passes through gorgeous rhododendron and bamboo forests with magnificent vistas of snowcapped mountains.
The Ganja La pass trek is one of the most challenging passes in the Himalayas of Langtang Nepal. It is the prime adventure trip that beckons the bold and brace to venture in the Langtang region of Nepal. People follow the Buddhist religion so we find many old Buddhist monasteries in the village. The journey through beautiful rice terraces, Buddhist monasteries and charming villages is such wonderful. It is an adventurous undertaking and offers the seasoned trekker a true wilderness experience. The trek takes us through the valley through a forest of rhododendron and Juniper continues following streams and moraines and climbing steeply. Here we can enjoy Buddhist culture and traditions.
After driving from Kathmandu to the starting village of Syabrubesi, the trek itself begins by travelling up the Langtang valley, proceeds to Kanyanjing Gompa Passes and ends in Melamchi Pool Bazaar in the Helambu Region. The inhabitants of the upland Langtang region, although with Nepalese, are closely related to the nearby Tibetan people. On this trek, one travels through lush forests of oak, pine and maple and there is a chance to see wildlife such as the Himalayan rhesus monkey and Himalayan black bear. Breath-taking views of mountains such as Ganesh himal (7606m), Lahntang Lirung (7225m), Ganchempo (6387m), Yala peak (5500 m) and many more are also part of the attraction of this trek.
Trip Itinerary of Ganja La Pass Trekking
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu for trekking prepration / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu - Shabru Besi (1600m.)
Driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing through Dhunche.While passing along the road at the bank of Trishuli River you catch a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, terraces and green hills.
Day 04: Syabru Besi - Lama Hotel (2470m.)
Trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and gradually follows the Langtang Khola. Nature of trail is ascent passing through Landslide. After several hrs of walking through wild forests you will be reaching at Rimche (2400m) through Bamboo (1960m.)
Day 05: Lama Hotel - Langtang village (3430m.)
After approximately half of an hour walking you will be observe very white with pretty view of Langtang Lirung through trees cover with full of snow. Before arrives Langtang village on the right bottom side of the large rock hills situated a very ancient monastery where you can feel and gain basic Buddhism religious of mountains region.
Day 06: Langtang Village - Kyangjin (3870m.)
Gradually we cross villages and yak pastures as the valley opens out further and the views become more extensive. After crossing few small streams and moraines and Mani walls you will be arrive at Kyangjin Gompa with kind of some pleasure and pleasant feel in your heart.
Day 07: Kyangjin Gompa and excursion
on next day of Kyangjin stay we make visit you monastery of the concern place and very famous yak cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung. The our experience and professional guide lead you up Tsergo Ri (5033m),spot you can observe ample of different mountains, glacial, summit, peaks etc.
Day08: Kyangin Gompa - Ngegang (4100m)
Climb up through a rhododendron forest and junipers towards the Ngegang yak pastures. It is count as Holly place of Buddhist religion followers. Usually people visit the respect place to hang the flags for good luck and for the prayer propose.
Day 09: Ngegang - Ganjala Pass (5200m) to Keldang
It is quite challenging and need basic climbing knowledge, following a streams at first, and continuation over snow and rocks, we scrambled the last 100m on a steeps and snowy slope. The pass provides a majestic panoramic vies of the Geynyen Lhudup and the snowy summits of the Tibetan border.
Day 10: Keldang - Dukpu
Mostly ascent and descent along the ridge trail. Several hours of walking along the ridge, grassland, with amazing views of Mountains you will meet your camp inside pretty jungle. During you taken accommodation in jungle you can analysis different types of vegetation.
Day 11: Dukpu - Tarkeghyang
It takes around five hours of walking on descent 205 meters. From Pass you can wonder spectacular view of the Annapurna Region and Mt. Everest Region. Trail start to descent towards the Helambu valley where your eye can wonder with complex of rhododendron flowers ,pine trees then gradually you will be arrive at Tarkeghyang beautiful village. The respect village you can feel nice cultural of share people.
Day 12: Tarkegyang - Sermathang
Sermathang is beautiful village. On blue sky day you get kind opportunity to explore different mountains, hills. Rocks. While you re in village you will meet with different Sherpa people of Khumbu region (Everest region) and traditional dress etc.
Day 13: Sermathang– Kathmandu (1300M)
While you drive back to Kathmandu you will be enjoy with splendid views of hills, mountains, terraces and villages.
Day 14: Departure or Free day
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 2- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on (BB Basis)
- Kathmandu - shaybru Bensi - Kathmandu by Bus or for group private bus/Jeep/van
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone,Tea/coffee,alcoholic beverages,tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Type of Trip||Group Size||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019 / 2020||Private||Any||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!