Starting PriceUS$ 1950
Duration of Trips21 Days
Location: Everest Region
Type of Trip: Tea House Trek
Trip Grade:Challenging/Alpine Tek
Share this trip
Everest 3 High Pass Trek
The Everest High Passes Trek is a challenging adventure in the region of Mount Everest in Nepal on this trek; you will cross some of the highest and most famous passes in the world and pass through spectacular valleys including Gokyo valley, Khumbu valley and GokyoRi valley. The Everest High passes Trek lets you cross three high passes in Everest Region namely Kongma La, Chola pass and Renjo La pass in a single journey with best views of the mountains and glaciers. You will have seenImjaTse, visit Everest base camp and view Mount Everest itself from Kalapathar, an amazing view point in the high Himalayas. Along with this, this trek offers insight into the local Sherpa villages, their customs and traditions. If you want a true adventure and a challenge, this trek is for you.
The trek follows the classic route to the Sagarmatha National Park passing along the huge DudhKoshi River, and crossing breath-taking landscapes. You will visit monasteries and gumbas in this isolated land enclosed by majestic mountains. This route brings trekkers to the remote and untouched Nangpa La valley, the Sherpa village of Marling and the monastery village of Thame. Three high passes are crossed: Konga La (5535 m), Cho La (5420 m) and Renjo La (5340 m). Spectacular views of mountains such as Nuptse, Baruntse, AmaDablam and Makalu are also an attraction of this trek, as are views of the Khumbu icefall near Everest Base Camp. The Everest High Passes Trek will provide a challenging adventure of a lifetime in the highest mountains of the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal.
Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02Free day in Kathmandu for trekking preparation / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03Fly to Lukla (2800m), start trek to Phakding (2610m) and stay at teahouse
Day 04Trek Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazar (3440m) and stay at teahouse
Day 05Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m) Day hike to Khumjung village and stay at teahouse
Day 06Trek Namche Bazaar (3440m) to Thyngboche (3860m) and stay at teahouse
Day 07Trek Thyngboche (3860m) to Dingboche (4350m) and stay at teahouse
Day 08Acclimatization day at Dingboche (4350m) stay at teahouse
Day 09Trek Dingboche (4350m) to Chhukung, and stay at teahouse
Day 10Trek Khangmala BC (5000m) to Khangmala passes (5535 to Lobuche (4910m) and stay at teahouse
Day 11Trek Lobuche (4910m) to EBC (5364m) and back to gorekshep and stay at teahouse
Day 12Early in the morning trek to kalapathar (5545m) to see Everest view, and back to gorekshep (5153m) and trek to Dzongla (4900m) and stay at teahouse
Day 13Trek Dzongal (4900m) to chola pass (5420m) to Dragnag and stay at teahouse
Day 14Trek Dragnak (4700m) to Gokyo and stay at teahouse
Day 15Early in the morning trek to Gokyo (Hike to Gokyo RI) to see sunrise view, and back to Gokyo and stay at teahouse
Day 16Trek Gokyo-renjo pass (5338m) to Arye (4300m) and stay at teahouse
Day 17Trek Arye (4300m) to Thame (3800m) and stay at teahouse
Day 18Trek Thame (3800m) to Monzo (2800m) and stay at teahouse
Day 19Trek Monzo (2800m) to Lukla (2840m) and stay at teahouse
Day 20Lukla (2840m) to Kathmandu by fly and transfer to hotel.
Day 21Buffer day in Kathmandu / Overnight at Hotel
Day 22Departure day
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB Basis
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu by domestic fly
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Note: The price of the trip varies depending on the services selected by our clients and the size of the group. We recognize that every traveler has their unique needs and preferences, and we strive to create a personalized experience tailored to those specifications. Prepare yourself for an exceptional journey customized to your interests and desires, whether you're seeking an affordable adventure or a luxurious getaway. Leave the intricate planning to us as we meticulously handle all the details, ensuring that your dream trip becomes a reality. Relax, unwind, and focus on creating unforgettable memories that will stay with you forever.
What is the Everest 3 High Pass Trek?
- The Everest 3 High Pass Trek is a challenging and adventurous trekking route in the Everest region of Nepal. It involves crossing three high mountain passes: Kongma La Pass (5,535m), Cho La Pass (5,420m), and Renjo La Pass (5,360m). The trek offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest, as well as opportunities to explore remote valleys, glaciers, and Sherpa villages.
How long does the Everest 3 High Pass Trek take?
- The duration of the Everest 3 High Pass Trek varies depending on the itinerary and the trekking pace. On average, it takes around 18-21 days to complete the trek. This includes acclimatization days, rest days, and time for exploring the surrounding areas.
Is previous trekking experience necessary for the Everest 3 High Pass Trek?
- Yes, previous trekking experience and a good level of physical fitness are highly recommended for the Everest 3 High Pass Trek. The trek involves long and challenging days of walking, steep ascents and descents, and crossing high altitude passes. Prior experience in high-altitude trekking and a good level of fitness will help you cope with the demands of the trek.
What are the highlights of the Everest 3 High Pass Trek?
- The Everest 3 High Pass Trek offers several highlights, including:
- Crossing three high mountain passes, offering stunning panoramic views of the Himalayas.
- Visiting Everest Base Camp and standing at the foot of the world's highest peak.
- Exploring the Gokyo Valley, with its turquoise lakes and magnificent views of Cho Oyu and other peaks.
- Witnessing the unique Sherpa culture and visiting traditional villages like Namche Bazaar and Dingboche.
- Hiking to the viewpoint of Kala Patthar for a close-up view of Mount Everest.
- Experiencing the rugged beauty of remote and less-frequented areas of the Everest region.
When is the best time to do the Everest 3 High Pass Trek?
- The best time to undertake the Everest 3 High Pass Trek is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons. These months offer stable weather, clear skies, and moderate temperatures, making trekking conditions more favorable. However, it's important to check the local weather forecast and consult with experienced trekking agencies for the most up-to-date information.
Are permits required for the Everest 3 High Pass Trek?
- Yes, several permits are required for the Everest 3 High Pass Trek, including the Sagarmatha National Park permit and the TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card. Additionally, if you plan to visit Gokyo Ri, an additional permit is needed. These permits can be obtained through registered trekking agencies or in Kathmandu before starting the trek. Your trekking agency will assist you in obtaining the necessary permits.
It's important to note that the Everest 3 High Pass Trek is a physically demanding and high-altitude trek. Proper acclimatization, adequate preparation, and experienced guides are essential for a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.
Best amidst Monsoon Season Treks
The Upper Mustang Trekking (4000m) is an extraordinary experience that ...
The Annapurna 7 passes trek is a fairly challenging trail that takes ...
The Upper Dolpo to Shey Gompa Trek is a real adventure in the Dolpo region ...