Bumthang Trekking is the easy three-day trek will give you a chance to explore the religious heartland of Bhutan. Your trekking begins in Toktu Zampa, and shortly into the hike you will arrive at Thangbi Monastery, which you can tour.
The scenic trail will lead you through meadows and pastures, cool thick forests, and bamboo. Phephe La (pass) at 3,360m is the highest point on the trek, reached by a short, steep climb. You will pass through a number of villages on this trek and will make a stop at the Ugyen Chholing Palace.
Trip Itinerary of Bumthang Trekking
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu Nepal, check into hotel rest day.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley, world heritage sights of Kathmandu, Nepal
Day 03: Fly From Kathmandu to Paro
you are flying in from Kathmandu to paro, the flight over the Himalayas is one of the most spectacular experiences one will ever experience. You will fly past Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga and the entire Himalayan range visible on the left side. On landing at Paro you will be met by our representative.
Day 03: PARO
To check your resistance we shall begin with small hike to Taktsang Monastery. The walk uphill will be not more than two hours. The trail is broad. At the view point there is a cafeteria. Have a cup a tea or some juice here and then take a walk little higher to the closer view point of Taktsang. Then walk back for lunch in Paro town.
Afternoon drive to Drukgyel Dzong, 10 miles drive from Paro town built by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to commemorate his victory over Tibetan invaders. Kyichu Lhakhang, the oldest monastery of the Kingdom and an overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 04: PARO – THIMPHU
Drive to Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan. About 4miles before reaching Thimphu, on a breezy hilltop one can see the fascinating sight of Simtokha Dzong, one of the most ancient fortresses in Bhutan. After lunch, visit the Memorial Chorten, built in 1974 in memory of late his Majesty the third King. Traditional Medicine Institute where centuries old indigenous medicines are still practiced, Painting School, which is particularly famous for THANKA paintings and other Bhutanese arts and artifact, National Library that house ancient Buddhist texts, manuscripts, Also visit Tashichho dzong, the "fortress of the glorious religion". Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu
Day 05: THIMPHU – TRONGSA
Drive to Trongsa via Dochula pass (alt. 3050 m). From this pass, on a clear day, one can have a magnificent view of the highest peaks in Bhutan such as Gangkar Puensum, Table Mountain, Jeje Khang, Masagang, Gangchey Ta. Drive further to Wangdiphodrang town for lunch. Then precede to Tongsa crossing 3300 m Pelela pass. Overnight at lodge in Tongsa
Day 06: TRONGSA - BUMTHANG
Morning visit to Trongsa Dzong, ancestral abode of Bhutan's Royal family. Then visit the Taa Dzong, built as watchtower to guard Tongsa Dzong. Proceed to Bumthang and in afternoon visit the Jakar Dzong built in 17th century during the time of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal, the first religious and temporal ruler of Bhutan. Then visit the Kurje monastery, where Guru Padmasambhava justifies his body imprint in the 8th century. The temple was later built in 17th century. Overnight at the lodge in Bumthang
Day 07: BUMTHANG - NGANG LHAKHANG
Trek route follows the Chamkhar Chu River, coming across many villages and temples. It will be a relaxing and easy day. Arrive at the village camp at the altitude of 2,900m. Walking time about 6 hours
Day 08: NGANG Lhakhang - UGYENCHHOLING
The trail ascends gradually towards the Phephe la pass, walking through the forests of junipers, until you arrive at the pass at an altitude of 3340 m. After the path descend to Tang valley, finally arriving at Ugyenchholing village. Camp by the side of the river at the altitude of 2850 m. Walking time 7-8 hours
Day 09: UGYENCHHOLING - BUMTHANG
Morning walk up to the Ugyenchholing Dzong, Visit the Dzong and surrounding village, drive to Jakar (Bumthang) following the Tang Chu river until arriving at main road. On the way visit the Membertsho Lake where Terton Pemalingpa, is suppose to have discovered religious treasures in the 12th century. This lake is very sacred and visited by many Bhutanese people on auspicious days to offer butter lamps. Overnight at the lodge in Bumthang
Day 10: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
Morning visit to Jambey Lhakhang, the monastery built in 7th century by Tibetan King, Songtsen Gembo, believed to be the reincarnation of Buddha of compassion. Tamshing Lhakhang, located on opposite side of the river is important place to visit, housing interesting religious paintings. Drive to Punakha for lunch. Overnight at the hotel in Punakha
Day 11: PUNAKHA – PARO
Arrive Paro by lunchtime. Evening take a walk through Paro market, overnight at the hotel in Paro
Day 12: Departure from Paro
Early After breakfast we can drive to the airport for flight to onward destination
- 3 or 4 stars hotel with twin sharing basis in Thimpu on F/B on twin sharing basis
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide
- 3 meals a day All meals during the tour
- Hotel-airport-hotel transfers
- Government royalty
- Entrance fees, visa and permit
- Overland transportation by Jeep within Bhutan
- Complete camping, cooking gears & camping staffs.
- Pony/porters for transporting luggage’s during camping
Cost does not include:
- International Air fare
- Personal travel health insurance,
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Expense of personal nature such as laundry, insurance,Drinks, tips etc.
- Emergency evacuation in case of landslides extra charge for porters and transportation.
- Anything not mentioned under Services Included.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Trip||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019, 2020||Private||USD $ 2500||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!