Bhutan Tour 6 Days
A Purely Buddhist kingdom Bhutan has the world's greatest concentration of peaks. It is probably the last county on the earth where modernization hasn't devalued social and cultural life. It is easy to appreciate the government of Bhutan’s decision to limit tourism to a few thousand visitors a year. This itinerary is ablend of trekking and cultural elements to give the visitor an insight. This trek is spectacular drive via the Dochula pass, monasteries and Gompa and beautiful valleys.
Trip Itinerary of Bhutan tour
DAY 01: ARRIVAL AT PARO - THIMPHU
Druk Air flight to Paro is one of the most spectacular of all mountain flights. Whether flying along the Himalayan range over the foothills, each flight is a mesmerizing feat and offers exciting descent into the Kingdom. On arrival at the airport you will be accorded a very warm reception by a Representative of Himalayan Kingdom Tours and transfer to restaurant for lunch.
After lunch we will visit the National Museum, Rinpung Dzong (built in 1645 A.D) and then drive to Thimphu, the modern capital town of Bhutan. Overnight stay at Thimpu
DAY 02: THIMPHU
Thimphu Sightseeing, after breakfast our today’s sightseeing of Thimphu valley includes, visit to National Memorial Chorten, Traditional Medicine Institute, National Library, Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, School of 13 Arts and Crafts, Takin mini zoo, Zilukha Nunnery, Post Office for stamps, Traditional paper factory, visit Handicrafts Emporium which displays wide assortment of beautifully hand-woven and crafted products and also Textile Museum. Then visit to Trashichhodzong, the beautiful medieval fortress/monastery which houses most of the Government's office and King's Throne room it is also the summer residence of Je Khenpo, the Chief Abbot. Overnight at Thimpu
DAY 03: THIMPHU – Punakha
After breaks start drive to Punakha with a short stop at Dochula pass (3,050m) that heralds the most enchanting views of Bhutan. Enjoy the view of the eastern Himalayan Mountains. Here you may spend some time, photographing the Druk Wangyal Chortens, built in 2004. Overnight stay at Punakha
After lunch visit Punakha Dzong, which lies between two rivers known as Phochu and Mochu, Symbolizing the masculine and the feminine co-existence their currents are of different colours and they unite at this spot. Overnight stay at Punakha
DAY 04: PUNAKHA- PARO
After breakfast drive to Paro which takes about 3.5half hours via Thimphu. At Paro visit Kyichu temple which dates back to the 7th century. Kyichu temple is one of the last three surviving temples. In the 7th century 108 such temples were built by a Tibetan King. To date only three have survived, two in Bhutan and one in Tibet, known as the Jokhang.
After lunch we will visit the National Museum, Rinpung Dzong (built in 1645 A.D) and then drive to Thimphu, the modern capital town of Bhutan. Overnight stay at Paro
DAY 05: PARO
You will have an early breakfast and walk about 2 hours to Taktshang Monastery perched giddily on a rocky ledge, with a waterfall cascading as if from the blue.
Taktshang means ‘Tiger’s Nest’. Guru Padmasambhava, known as the Second Buddha, alighted from flying tigress and meditated at this shrine in the second half of the 8th century. As a result, it is the dream destination for Buddhist pilgrims from the world over. If desired, pony ridings would be arranged.
In the afternoon visit to local farm house to see how Bhutanese famers live and have chance taste the local brewed local wine. Overnight stay at Paro
DAY 06: Departures
After breakfast, transfer to airport for flight.
- 3 or 4 stars hotel with twin sharing basis in Thimpu on F/B on twin sharing basis
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Sightseeing as per itinerary with English speaking guide
- 3 meals a day All meals during the tour
- Hotel-airport-hotel transfers
- Government royalty
- Entrance fees, visa and permit
- Overland transportation by Jeep within Bhutan
Cost does not include:
- International Air fare
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Drinks at hotels/lodges
- Expense of personal nature such as laundry, insurance, tips etc.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure from||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|Every day||Kathmandu||USD $ 1100||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!