Mt. Kailash Pilgrimage Tour
Kailash pilgrimage tour long was an object of worship for four major religions. For the Hindus, it is the domain of Shiva. It is also the abode of Samvara-a multi armed, wrathful deity worshipped in the Chakrasamvara Tantric cycle of Tibetan Buddhism.
Sprawling below Mount Kailash is the sacred Lake Manasarovar (4560m), where a ritual bath will deliver a pilgrim to Brahma's paradise and a drink of its water relinquishes the sins of a hundred lifetimes. The 53 Km Kailash circuit is the holiest of all Tibet's pilgrimages and the beacon which draws most travelers to Western Tibet. It is said that a Single Parikarma erases the accumulated sins of a lifetime, while 108 circumbulation will achieve Salvation or Nirvana.
Trip Itinerary of Mt. Kailash Pilgrimage Tour
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu- Kyirung
We drive from Kathmandu to Nepal Tibet border along a scenic highway. After immigration formalities at the border, you meet our Tibetan guide & driver. O/N at Guest House.
Day 02: Rest Day in Kyirung
Acclimatize in Kerong before further driving. Free afternoon look around. O/n at Guest house.
Day 03: Drive Kyirung to Saga/4450m- 232 km
First day with a long drive on the desert terrain. Driving past nomad camps and sheep and yak herds. We can see Gaurishankar, Shishapangma and Langtang Himal from the pass. Continue drive through Khunmen Tso, Sinling, Karru Ongchen and Peiku tso Lake (4400m). We will be crossing river Brahmaputra ( “Yarling Tsangpo” in Tibetan ) to reach Saga (4600m). O/n in guest house.
Day 04: Saga to Paryang (4558m) to Mansarovar (4600m) 507 km 8-9 hrs
Watching the mountains in distance and driving through road we pass through the small town of Zhongba before reaching to Paryang.. Offering the first view of mt kailash and the holy lake only after several hours of drive. As you approach this serene and sacred lake, historic Chiu Monastery becomes visible on the North West shore of the lake. From this vantage point, you can have a glimpse of majestic Mount Kailash. Manasarovar, the highest fresh water lake with turquoise complexion - surrounded by mt Kailash, Mt. Gurula-Mandata and Lake Rakchyas is simply heavenly. O/n at Guesthouse.
Day 05: Drive to Darchen (14975ft) 40km
After some peaceful hours at the shores of the sacred Lake Manasarovar with the snowy massif of Gurla Mandhata 7694m just across the lake, we drive 40 km to Darchen which serves as the base for Mt kailashkora ( circumambulation). The Kora is 53 km in total and completed in three days. O/n in a Guest house.
Day 06: Trek to Dira-Puk/5000m
It is one of the exciting days walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs and waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue sky. The 15 km trail takes almost 7 hrs. O/n Guest house.
Day 07: Trek Dira Puk-Zuthul Puk, 18km, 6-7 hrs, 550m ascent, 600m descent.
Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage trek , cross Dolma La pass at 5670 m. Once you reach the top, just do the holiest offering and sit down for meditation to forget you. By the late afternoon you will arrive at Zuthul Puk where the great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles. O/N at local guest house
Day 08: End of Kailash Parikrama and drive to Saga
Complete the kora and drive to Lake Manasarovar to Saga O/N at Guest House.
Day 09: Drive back to Kyirung O/N at Guest House
Day 10: Kyirung to Kathmandu 150 km
Driving further to Nepal Tibet border, complete the immigration formalities,
Day 11: Free day in Kathmandu for personal activities/shopping or join onward program or final departure.
- Hotel / Guesthouse accommodation as per program
- Private Transportation by Van
- All necessary Tibet travel and trekking permit
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All sightseeing and entrance fee as per the itinerary
- Meal plan on breakfast basis
- Kathmandu to Kyuirung to Kathmandu private jeep transport
- Visa and permit fees
- Insurance of any kind
- Hiring porter/ horse if need
- Rescue and Evacuation Service
- Equipment hires or buys
- Any additional cost due to Nature calamity and unforeseen circumstances and etc.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019 / 2020||USD $ 1750||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
01: How many days required for Mt. Kailash Yatra?
- 13 days by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxary Bus
- 10 days by Helicopter via Nepalganj.
02: How we will be doing 13 days Yatra?
- 13 days Kailash Yatra by Toyota Landcruiser or Luxayr Bus
- Kathmandu to Kodari (Nepal - Tibet border) tourist bus will be used. In Tibet, Toyota Landcruiser or Luxury Bus will be used. Routing Kathmandu - Zhyagmu - Nyalam - Saga -Paryang -Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Paryang - Saga -Nyalam - Kathmandu.
03: 10 days Kailash Yatra by Helicopter
- Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Simikot - Hilsa (by helicopter) - Taklakot - Mansarovar - Darchen - Dirapuk - Zuthulpuk - Darchen - Mansarovar - Taklakot - Hilsa - Simikot (by helicopter) - Nepalganj - Kathmandu.
Also 3 days Mt. Kailash Parikrama.
04: In how many days would I finish Mt. Kailash Parikarma and how long it is?
- Holy Kailash parikarma is approx 52 kms trek to be completed in 2 nights / 3 Days. Night camping in Dirapuk & Zuthul-puk.
05: What is the best time to travel?
- Holy Mt. Kailash yatra starts in the last week of April till September every year.
06: Horse and a Porter during the whole trip and how much it costs?
A. If you do not want to trek you can hire horse/pony for parikarma. Parikarma (kora) that is for 3 days. It will cost you approx. Yuan 1200 per Yak with Yak man.
07: What are the hidden charges i.e. to be paid direct?
- Additional expenses incurred due to delay, Accidents, Natural disaster & Political action. Following are the charges not included during yatra.
- Yak and Yak man cost
- Rescue or evacuation if need, Tibet visa separation cost
- Travel insurance, drink, laundry, Telephone/fax, Additional transportation cost.
- If you are not going for Kailash Parikrama due to any reason and staying back at Darchen for three days, you have to pay extra INR 1500 per day for accommodation and food in Darchen.
08: How much amount we should carry and in what form whether travelers cheque, Doller or Tibetian cash or Indian Rupees
- In Kathmandu you may use USD OR Indian Currency (however denominations of INR 500 & 1000 is not allowed in Nepal). For Tibet you will need Chinese Yuan only. for 11 days in Tibet we suggest you to carry approx Yuan 2500-3500 Per Person. Which you may need for emergency and to pay for horse during Kailash Parikrama. Balance (unused Yuan) may be exchanged again on the way back.
INR 100 = NPR 160
INR 100 = CNY 10.5 (CHINESE YUAN)
You can exchange Yuan in Kathmandu or in Tibet border. Most of the yatri exchange their currency in Nepal-Tibet border.
09: How about accommodation facilities etc. ?
- 3/4 Star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and guest house accommodation in Tibet. However, camping accommodation will be provided during parikrama of Holy Kailash.
10: What is your cancellation policy?
- 30 days before departure date, INR 15,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 15 days before departure date, INR 25,000 will be charged as cancellation.
- 07 days before departure date, No refund allowed.
11: Pilgrimage Equipment We Provide:
· Camping Equipments (to be returned at the end)
· Sleeping bags (down with inside extra cover), (to be returned at the end)
· Jacket (down) (to be returned at the end)
· Oxygen Back-up & Gaymo Bag.
12: What medical reports do I need to carry?
No medical report is required but we insist every yatri to consult their doctor before traveling to high altitude. Also every yatri must declare their physical status and specify if they are allergic to any medicine.
13: Besides the passport what other official documents will I need on the yatra?
You need to carry:-
Valid Passport with 4 passport size photographs
Medical Insurance Policy. (Not compulsory)
14: Is it essential or good to commence the tour on a full moon day?
You can commence your yatra any day. Some people prefer to reach at Mansarovar or Kailash on full moon day.
15: Can we take children with age group of 6 and 10 years?
Yes, can take children (physically normal) along with you but at your own risk because you know your child better.
16: What are the precautions taken for the children?
You have to take same precautions as you are taking for yourself.
17: Will one oxygen cylinder be sufficient for four of us?
Our team will provide oxygen cylinder in emergency. Usually, oxygen cylinder is not required. However, some yatri prefer to carry their own handy oxygen cylinders. You may buy small portable cylinder in Tibet. It may cost approx. Yuan 20-50 Per cylinder.
18: What will be the charges for children?
Yatra cost is same for children.
19: Will your cook be traveling with us during the entire trip. Will he be carrying stove and utensils can he make vegetarian items.
A. Yes, cooks will be traveling with you during the entire trip. They will carry all necessary cooking items with them and you will get only vegetarian food during yatra.
20: Can we prescribe the menu for cooking on daily basis?
Yes, you may discuss and suggest your choice. If possible, and other yatris agree our cook will not mind cooking your choice of food.
21: Is VISA cost included in the total tour cost?
Yes, cost of Tibet Visa is included. However, cost of Nepal visa is not included (applicable for foreign nationals only). Indian passport holders do not need Nepal Visa.
22: Can I bring video camera and digital camera? Weather we will have possibility to recharge the batteries or is there any restrictions to use these things.
Yes, you can bring camera & videos along with you. The voltage in Tibet is 220V. Can be re-charge most of the places but not during 3 days parikrama. We suggest to travel with extra batteries.
23: What about communication possibilities?
A. Darchen (base camp of Mt. Kailash) is the last point where communication facility is available. Mobile will not work in Kailash region. It works only in town.
24: Is there any Pundit available?
No, you have to bring your Pundit.
25: When we should book the Holy Mt. Kailash Yatra and how to book?
You should book this yatra minimum 45 days in advance. To book, we need copy of passport (1st page only) with 25% advance deposit.
26: Is it necessary to send our document with advance 45 days before?
Yes, we must send copy of your passport to China for approval.
27: How can we make advance payment?
. We have following payment options:
- Pay on line through credit card OR
- Swift transfer to OUR BANK account. Contact us for our bank details.
- Pay by credit card.
- Send a Demand Draft by courier.
28: What type of medical test is required for this trip?
TMT test. (not compulsory)
29: What we must carry?
Warm clothes, water bottle, water purification tabs, sun tan lotion utility knife, dusk musk, medicine for headaches, fever, colds, stomach disorders and diamox (unless you are allergic to sulpha drugs) for altitude sickness, It is also good to carry dry fruit, juice powder, breads, candy, canned or packed food, nuts, pickles and biscuits.
* if you do not have any of the above items, our executive will assist you in Kathmandu.
30: Do you have any age restriction?
No, we do not have any age restrictions. If you are physically fit you may travel but sometime Chinese Authority do not permit for people aged 65 or above. We insist every one to consult with their doctor and must mention that you are going to high altitude. Many of old aged people travelled with us and have successfully done the parikrama.