Indigenous People Trail
IP Trail mainly offers local Home-stay accommodation providing trekkers with a rare opportunity to experience- the first of its kind in Nepal- the culture and lifestyle of six different ethnic groups. It is considered as the unique living exposure, culturally diverse area of Nepal. Escape the congestion of commercialized trekking routes and get ‘off-the-beaten track’ to experience the real Nepal- take the 'Indigenous Peoples (IP) Trail in west Ramechhap District, 130km east of Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu. The IP Trail offers unique exposure to one of the most culturally diverse areas of Nepal combined with a beautiful natural landscape. Bound by Sailung Peak in the north, the golden Sun Koshi River flowing along the south and the aqua-blue Tama Koshi River to the east, the IP Trail offers an incomparable combination of cultural, linguistic and ethnic diversity coupled with breathtaking Himalayan and mid-Hill panoramas.
Falling entirely on the Mahabharata range, It is a relatively soft, top-down, gentle trek fit for all categories of trekkers and particularly suited to visitors wishing to avoid extreme high altitudes (the trail takes visitors from a starting elevation of 3146m at Sailung to 533m at Lubughat of Koshi river basin) within a week or less of holiday. The trail trip include the experiences the panoramic Himalaya, mid hills, riverside confluence views, culture and cultural performances, homestay, soft trekking, monasteries temple forest walks and animal sacrifice. Lifestyle of severals local Indigenous people like Tamang, Newar, Sherpa,Thamis and Majhis. The predominant religions are Hinduism and Buddhism. The traditional folk dances and music presented by the local people in theircolorful traditional dresses is also one of the major attraction here.
Itinerary of Indigenous Peoples Trail
Day 01: Kathmandu to Kholakharka (2950M) that takes 6- 7 hours to reach and overnight stay at Community lodge. (Special features at sailing, panoramic views)
Day 02: Rest in Kholakharka sight Singh. (Special feature at Monastery, Sherpa cultural package)
Day 03: Kholakharka to Surkey( 1850m ) that takes 4-5 hours to reach and overnight stay at home-stay. (Special features at Newari home-stay, Thami cultural package)
Day 04: Surkey to Doramba( 2025m) that takes 3-4 hours to reach and overnight stay at home-stay.(special features at Tamang home-stay, Tamang cultural package.
Day 05: Doramba to Khandadevi (1985m) that takes 4-5 hours to reach and overnight stay at home-stay.(special features at Khandadevi Temple, animal sacrifices, scenic landscape, sunset/ sunrise view).
Day 06: Khandadevi to Hiledevi (1980m) that takes 4-5 hours to reach and overnight stay at monastery Lodge.(special features at Yolmo cultural package, Monastery visit, wilderness walk)
Day 07: Hiledevi to Lubughat (533m) that takes 3-4 hours to reach and overnight stay at home-stay.(special features at Majhi cultural package, fishing and rafting ).
Day 08: Lubughat to Kathmandu that takes 4-5 hours. (Special features at Driving through Roshi River from Nepalthowk).
Day 09: Free day in Kathmandu for personal activities or join onward program or final departure.
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- One day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation- to/from trek starting & ending point
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu (BB Basis)
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Personal expenses-laundry, Telephone, Tea/coffee, alcoholic beverages, tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Trip Price||Availability||Book This Trip|
|2019 / 2020||Everyday||on request||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!