EBC Trek Via Jiri
There are two routes to access Everest Base Camp, one from Lukla and the other from Shivalaya, the road allows buses to continue beyond Jiri to Shivalaya where the trek now begins. The trek passes through green forests with rare birds and wild animals, luxurious valleys culminating with views of the Himalayas highest mountains. It is the classic route which was followed by Sir Edmund Hillary and TenzingNorgey Sherpa during their first summit (1995).
Located in the Khumba region of Nepal, you will see such famed giant peaks as Mt Lhotse, Mt Nuptse, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Pumori and, of course, Mount Everest, the tallest mountain in the world. The trek itself is designed to provide adequate time for appropriate acclimatization for altitude. Along with this, you will experience the unique cultures of the people who live in this region of Nepal, and feel the heartfelt hospitality of these native people. You will witness the Mani Rimbu dance performed by the Sherpa's, visit Buddhist monasteries, and see countless prayer flags fluttering above pristine valleys.
The Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek is best for trekkers who are in good health, physically fit and wish to challenge themselves on an adventure of a lifetime. Jiri is a lovely place to spend time before heading to base camp, known as the Switzerland of Nepal. Reaching Everest Base Camp, one can’t help but be full of admiration for those who attempt to reach the top of Mount Everest itself. This trek is a once in a lifetime experience you will never forget.The Jiri route offers incomparable combination of natural and cultural wonders. Varying altitudes, diverse floras and faunas, ethnic cultures and indigenous lifestyles are some of the highlights of the trek. Midland hills, majestic vistas of mountains, landscapes covered with rhododendron, magnolia and alpine forest are the attraction of the path ways.
Trip Itinerary of Jiri to Everest Base camp trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal / Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Free day in Kathmandu for trekking preparation / Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to shivalaya (1767m) via Jiri and stay at teahouse
Day 04: Trek shivalaya (1767m) to Bhandar (2194m) and stay at teahouse
Day 05: Trek Bhandar (2194m) to Sete (2573m) and stay at teahouse
Day 06: Trek Sete (2573m) to Junbensi (2675m) and stay at teahouse
Day 07: Trek Junbensi(2675m) to Nunthala (2050m) / and stay at teahouse
Day 08: Nunthala (2050m) to Payu (2939m) and stay at teahouse
Day 09: Trek Payu (2939m) to phakding (2610m) and stay at teahouse
Day 10: Trek Phakding (2610m) to Namche Bazar (3440m) and stay at teahouse
Day 11: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar (3440m) and stay at teahouse
Day 12: Trek Namche Bazaar (3440m) to Thyngboche (3860m) and stay at teahouse
Day 13: Trek Thyngboche (3860m) to Dingboche (4350m) and stay at teahouse
Day 14: Exploration day trip to Chhukung valley and back to Dingboche (4350m) and stay at teahouse
Day 15: Trek Dingboche (4350m) to Lobuche (4910m) and stay at teahouse
Day 16: Trek Lobuche (4910m) to Gorekshep (5153m) and trek to EBC (5364m) and back to gorekshep and stay at teahouse
Day 17: Early in the morning trek to kalapathar (5545m)to see sunrise view, and back to gorekshep (5153m)and trek to Pangboche and stay at teahouse
Day 18: Trek Pangboche to Namche Bazar (3440m) and stay at teahouse
Day 19: Trek Namche Bazar (3440m) to Lukla (2840m) and stay at teahouse
Day 20: Lukla (2840m) to Kathmandu by fly and transfer to hotel.
Day 21: Free day in Kathmandu or Final Departure
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- In trekking- B/F, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
- Transportation kathmandu to Bhandar by Bus/jeep
- Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
- Trained trekking guide and porter, necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
- 3- Nights hotel in Kathmandu on BB Basis
- Lukla - Kathmandu by domestic fly
- Comprehensive first aid box for the trekking.
- Extra day hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, telephone, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (cold drinks and mineral/hot water)
- Tips for guide & porter.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Extra cost for if in case trek effected by natural calamities
- Personal trekking equipments for the trek.
Fixed Departure Date
|Month||Departure date||Type of trip||Availability||Book This Trip|
|Every Day||On request||private||Conformed||Book Now|
Note: If the above departures dates are not matched for you may request own your suitable date!
- 04 to 06 people in a group, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- 07 to 09 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost.
- 10 to 19 people in a group, there will be 15% discount in total cost and 1 group leader free of cost.
- 20 & above people in a group, there will be special discount in total cost and + + member free of cost.
- Winter Special Offer: If you travel in winter time (Dec / Jan / Feb), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Summer Special Offer: If you travel in summer time (June / July / August), there will be 10% discount in total cost.
- Early Booking Special Offer: If you Book a Trip before 6 months from the trip departure, there will be 10% discount in total cost.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.
Information about the trip!