Starting PriceUS$ 35
Duration of Trips1 Days
Type of Trip:
Share this trip
Trishuli River Rafting
The Trishuli River is a popular destination for rafting, with a grading of 3+ (moderate). Rafting trips on the Trishuli can range from 141km, from Betrawati to Narayanghat, to shorter, more popular routes such as the 20km stretch from Charaudi to Kuringhat, which can be completed in half a day. The Trishuli is particularly well-suited for first-time rafters due to its easy access from Kathmandu and Pokhara, scenic valleys, impressive gorges, exciting white water rapids, and easier sections. It's the perfect adventure trip for both beginners and experienced rafters. The Trishuli River is a great choice for those who want to experience the thrill of rafting without tackling the more intense rapids found on other rivers.
During the rafting season from October to May, numerous rafting trips are organized on the Trishuli, attracting both tourists and Nepali adventure sports enthusiasts, particularly young students from all over the country. The Trishuli River is a popular destination for Nepali rafters, who come from all over the country to experience its moderate rapids and stunning scenery. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced rafter, the Trishuli River has something to offer for everyone. Its easy access, beautiful valleys, and exciting rapids make it a must-visit destination for any outdoor enthusiast.
'Trishuli River: Meaning - 'The Classic River' (1 to 2 days)
|September - December||4||Approx.300 cumecs|
|January - May||4-||Approx.200 cumecs|
|June - August||4+||Approx 450 cumecs|
Day 01Drive from Kathmandu - Pokhara or Chitwan National Park
Morning we'll drive through the scenic countryside, around two and half hrs. Of drive, we will be rafting starting point at Kuringhat. Our professional rafting guide will be guiding you in proper way in order to do good rafting. Trishuli River Rafting is one of the famous adventure sport in Nepal. The period would be about 4 hours on River. Then we keep continuous driving to our next destination. After Rafting drive to Pokhara or Chitwan National Park Once you are in National park you can do easy activities like visiting traditional Thaur villages, sun set view tours etc. with your nature guide of National Park.
- Transportation from / to Kathmandu by tourist bus as per itinerary.
- All International standard rafting equipment as necessary (Such as self bailing rafts, helmets, life jackets, kayaks, plastic paddles and spray jackets etc.)
- Well-trained and highly experienced rafting guides, cooks, and other helper staff.
- Camping & Cooking equipment (tents, mattress & kitchen gear).
- 3 times’ a day continental & Nepalese meals during the rafting period (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Accommodation in 2 person capacity tent during the rafting
- All staffs salary, insurance, meals etc.
- All necessary fees, Government/Local taxes, all national park and conservation area fees. Tourist service charge,
- Any type of personal expenditure such Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry.
- Food & accommodation cost in case of any natural accident caused by weather.
- Tips, Gratuities and other expenditure.
- Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss.
What is Trishuli River rafting?
- Trishuli River rafting refers to the adventure sport of navigating the Trishuli River in Nepal on inflatable rafts. The Trishuli River is one of the most popular rafting destinations in Nepal, offering thrilling experiences and stunning natural beauty.
Where is the Trishuli River located?
- The Trishuli River is located in central Nepal, approximately 70 kilometers (43 miles) west of Kathmandu. It is easily accessible from Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Chitwan, making it a convenient choice for rafting enthusiasts.
How long is the Trishuli River rafting trip?
- The duration of a Trishuli River rafting trip can vary depending on the chosen itinerary and package. Typically, a single-day rafting trip lasts for around 3-4 hours, covering a distance of approximately 15-20 kilometers (9-12 miles). Multi-day trips are also available, allowing you to explore more sections of the river and enjoy overnight camping.
What is the difficulty level of Trishuli River rafting?
- Trishuli River rafting is considered to be of moderate difficulty. It is suitable for both beginners and experienced rafters. The river features a mix of gentle stretches and exciting rapids, ranging from class II to class IV, providing an exhilarating but manageable rafting experience.
When is the best time for Trishuli River rafting?
- The best time for Trishuli River rafting is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) seasons in Nepal. These months offer pleasant weather, moderate water levels, and enjoyable rafting conditions. However, Trishuli River can be rafted throughout the year, including the monsoon season, with experienced guides and proper safety precautions.
Are there any age or fitness requirements for Trishuli River rafting?
- Trishuli River rafting is suitable for individuals of various age groups and fitness levels. Most operators have a minimum age requirement, typically around 12 years old or above, depending on the water conditions. A basic level of physical fitness and comfort in water is recommended. It's advisable to check with the rafting operator for specific age and fitness requirements.
What should I bring for Trishuli River rafting?
- When going for Trishuli River rafting, it's recommended to bring the following items:
- Swimwear or quick-dry shorts and T-shirt
- Securely fitting sandals or water shoes
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Personal medication (if required)
- Water bottle
- Waterproof camera or protective case (optional)
- Dry clothes for after the rafting trip
It's important to check with the rafting operator regarding any specific gear or equipment they provide or recommend.
Is rafting in Trishuli River safe?
- Rafting in Trishuli River can be considered safe if proper safety measures are followed. It's crucial to choose a reputable and experienced rafting operator that provides professional guides, well-maintained equipment, and safety briefings. Paying attention to the instructions given by the guides, wearing the provided safety gear (life jackets and helmets), and following safety guidelines will contribute to a safe and enjoyable rafting experience. However, as with any adventure sport, there is always a certain level of inherent risk, and it's important to be aware of that.
Can I go rafting on Trishuli River without prior experience?
- Yes, you can go rafting on Trishuli
River Rafting Scale:
River Rafting is divided into five scales according to the international rafting standard.
Scale 1 : Simple & Very Easy: Trisuli river
Scale 2 : Slightly difficult: Seti and Marshyangdi river
Scale 3 : More difficult: Bhotekoshi and Sunkoshi river
Scale 4 : Very difficult: Kali Gandaki
Scale 5 : Extremely difficult: Karnali.
Major Rafting Rivers in Nepal:
|Name of River||Duration||River Grade||Starting Point||Ending Poing|
|Bhote Kosi||02 Days||5+||Barbise||Dam|
|Kali Gandaki||05 Days||4+||Baglung||Mirmi|
|Sunkoshi||09 Days||5 Class||Dolalghat||Chataira|
|Karnali||10 Days||5 Class||Sauli||Bhen Bridge|
|Marshyangdi||04 Days||5+||Ngadi||Bimal Nagar|
Rafting Tours in Nepal
The Sun Koshi River, also known as the "River of Gold," is located east ...
Rafting in Bhote koshi River offers an exhilarating adventure for white ...
The Seti River rafting is an exciting adventure through the stunning ...